autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Leather Cleaner on Vinyl?

Is it okay to use leather care products, like say, Lexol (all 3- cleaner, neatsfoot, conditioner) on vinyl, like how the leather seats have vinyl sides/ backs? Will it harm, or just not be effective, or could it be good? If not, what's a good product for vinyl? And can I get opinions on Meguiars Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant? I didn't see it here among their other products. Does it contain silicone? Sorry for too many questions, but thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leather Cleaner on Vinyl?

My favorite product to use on vinyl is Blue Magic's Leather & Vinyl Cleaner topped-off with their Leather Cream Conditioner. Try it on your vinyl...you'll be pleasantly surprised!

The cleaner is very effective (yet gentle) and the cream conditioner leaves a nice finish that will make the vinyl feel supple. Blue Magic was recommended to me by the Nunez Brothers...an automotive interior restoration/upholstery shop in South Florida which is known for their award-winning work. Best of all, you can buy Blue Magic at Wally World.

Post Thanks / Like

Lexol Vinylex (sp) is good at cleaning and protecting. It leaves a good feel to your vinyl. Some use it on their dash, etc.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Vinylex. Some cars need 2 coats; especially if they have been using armor-all before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Lexol Vinylex (sp) is good at cleaning and protecting. It leaves a good feel to your vinyl. Some use it on their dash, etc.
    Try an APC then 303 protectant, looks nice, I used to use Vunylex until I received some of this

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is specifically asking about if he can use the leather protection on the vinyl parts of his seats not dash etc..... most leather seats are just faced with leather not the sides and the back.
    Does that express question right?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carados View Post
    I think he is specifically asking about if he can use the leather protection on the vinyl parts of his seats not dash etc..... most leather seats are just faced with leather not the sides and the back.
    Does that express question right?
    Yeah that's what I was wondering, was hoping to be able to hit it in one shot if it's good. I do have 303 Protectant, have the Lexols for Leather, and the Blue Majic sounds interesting- probably grab some next time at Walmart. But yeah that's what I was hoping to do. Thanks for all of the replies, fellas.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

But I suppose maybe I should also just get Vinylex, to complete the Lexol Suite...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactica View Post
    My favorite product to use on vinyl is Blue Magic's Leather & Vinyl Cleaner topped-off with their Leather Cream Conditioner. Try it on your vinyl...you'll be pleasantly surprised!

The cleaner is very effective (yet gentle) and the cream conditioner leaves a nice finish that will make the vinyl feel supple. Blue Magic was recommended to me by the Nunez Brothers...an automotive interior restoration/upholstery shop in South Florida which is known for their award-winning work. Best of all, you can buy Blue Magic at Wally World.
    Thats is so funny, I have their Leather/Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner as well, two hidden gems of a product, was also the only stuff I could get to clean Ford trim around windows, worked better then AIO and other cleaners, and on leathers works excellent. Got them at Autozone I think
    The real WyStang: