Hi all -
At some point in time I have heard to wait a month before waxing a new car for fear of the paint not being fully cured. Is this true? Should I try to find out the manufacture month by the door sticker or some other way?
I am getting my new Prius on April 16th and my question is how long before I do the following (this is my plan for the exterior)
1. Wash vehicle with Dawn detergent
2. Clay vehicle with Sonus extra fine clay and Sonus Glyde Lubricant
3. Wash with Pinnacle Bodyworks Shampoo in the foam gun with a little DP extra foam shampoo added for a kick.
4. 3 coats of Zaino Z-2 with Zaino Z-6 applied between coats of Z-2
5. One coat of Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale
6. Apply Souveran paste carnuba last, probably 3 coats.
7. Use the Diamonite spray clay on all glass, followed by the diamonite sealant for the glass.
8. Plexus plastic cleaner for headlight/taillight lenses followed with 303 protectant for plastic.
Z-2 is a PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes Z-6 is an Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray Z-8 is a Grand Finale Spray Seal I bought all of the Zaino stuff before I learned of autogeek.com I hope it works as well as the synthetics by Klasse, which is what I would have bought if I hadn't ordered the Zaino.
I live extremely close to the Gulf of Mexico so protection and looks are equally important. Have I left anything out above as far as protecting the car's exterior. The Prius is black and we live in the hot Florida sun and the salt air is very bad here. Supposedly the vehicle comes with and underbody sealant, but who knows. Is there something I can spray on the underside for protection?