autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning MCkees 360 from pads

So...I tried 360 for the first time today....using Griots BOSS orange and CG Hexlogic orange......and it seems like the 360 has permanently stained the pads......I can not get them clean. I have Griots pad/microfiber cleaner.....and it has worked great on every other product I've used these pads for, except this one. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning MCkees 360 from pads

Yes same here. I LOVE McKees 360 but it is impossible to get the pads completely clean. For that reason I've dedicated a few pads to 360. Ironically I often use it with white pads which makes it even worse...

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

thanks...I have them soaking now....will see how clean I can get them...may even throw them in the washer

Post Thanks / Like

I really cannot take credit for this but I believe it was the suggestion from Zach McGovern on this forum who suggested taking your used pad, placing it in a 5 gallon pail with a grit guard Velcro side down and use a power washer on the face of the pad that touches the car paint, this will not harm your pad at all, does it work? YES it does, I did a one step polish and paint seal on a 2005 Taurus, I used 5 Lake Country pad, 4 polish pads and 1 wax pad (this line is on sale at Autogeek this weekend) sorry shameless plug for my favorite store, and the clean up on each pad took maybe 5-8 minutes each pad and wow great results.

Thanks Zach!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be glad to try that.....if I had a power washer...its on my spring shopping list...thanks for the suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

I spray them with pad cleaner, then scrub them before tossing them in a bucket of warm water and the citrus pad wash stuff for about 30 minutes. Then I give them several good squeezes, another vigorous brushing, and then put them on a cookie cooling rack with a fan on them to dry. Yeah, it leaves a little bit of the red in the pad but I don't think it affects the function.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I spray them with pad cleaner, then scrub them before tossing them in a bucket of warm water and the citrus pad wash stuff for about 30 minutes. Then I give them several good squeezes, another vigorous brushing, and then put them on a cookie cooling rack with a fan on them to dry. Yeah, it leaves a little bit of the red in the pad but I don't think it affects the function.
    thank you...gonna see how they do in the washer....didn't figure it would affect the functionality...I'm just a stickler for starting with clean pads......at least the vehicle I was doing with the 360 turned out good.....

Post Thanks / Like

It's good stuff. I scrub the crap out of my white pads and I can never get them totally clean.

I want to try HD speed since everyone here raves about it, but I've heard it doesn't play well with CCS pads.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    It's good stuff. I scrub the crap out of my white pads and I can never get them totally clean.

I want to try HD speed since everyone here raves about it, but I've heard it doesn't play well with CCS pads.
    Any all in one polish does not work well with any closed cell pad.

As for cleaning 360 the word "stain" can be misunderstood.

What's on the pad is the protection 360 leaves behind. And like Mike Phillips says "if it's easy to come off your pads, it's easy to remove from your paint"

So 360 is hard to remove because it leaves durable protection behind. And that is a good thing!

Sent from my C6743 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Any all in one polish does not work well with any closed cell pad.

As for cleaning 360 the word "stain" can be misunderstood.

What's on the pad is the protection 360 leaves behind. And like Mike Phillips says "if it's easy to come off your pads, it's easy to remove from your paint"

So 360 is hard to remove because it leaves durable protection behind. And that is a good thing!

Sent from my C6743 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Not that I doubt either you or Mike.....but using that logic.....anything that protects well will leave a stain on your pads.....at least from now on, if I'm using 360....I now have dedicated pads that are easy to identify....

What pads do you recommend for AIOs then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast