autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro2 question

Ok, I would like to simplify my detailing regimen as the weather warms up, and recently picked up Hydro 2 and Ech20 rinseless/waterless from Carpro.
    I wanted to run by my steps before I do this. I plan to wash, Griot's paint prep to strip my LSP, polish with Sonax all in one polish, then apply Hydro2. My car doesn't need clayed at this point and the paint is in good shape minus some minor swirls.

Do I need to remove any polish before applying Hydro2?

Is there a "cure" time for Hydro 2 before I wipe down with Ech2O, and is it proper to maintain with Ech20 as detail/waterless? Am I missing anything and any thoughts or input are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Hydro2 question

If you are polishing with an AIO, why not wait a month or so before applying Hydro2? Again, why use Ech20 after Hydro2? Use Ech20 as a QD or a waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I was under the impression that Sonax 04 06 (sorry if I called it an AIO, maybe it's not) does not lay down protection? Just finished polishing and looks great, really liking the Sonax. I was going to use Ech20 to clean up any waterspots and maintenance down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post

Is there a "cure" time for Hydro 2 before I wipe down with Ech2O, and is it proper to maintain with Ech20 as detail/waterless? Am I missing anything and any thoughts or input are appreciated.
    I could not find any info from CarPro's site other than what was listed on their site on whether or not the polishing oils need to be removed. I guess it would not hurt to give it a prep wipe before using hydro.

I don't believe there is a cure time for hydro. But you can use ech20 as a maintenance product with no issues.

Features:

Value: Less than 30ml of concentrate needed per average 4 door vehicle including all paint, glass, trim & wheels
    Protect Everything: Apply to areas you never could before! Not only body panels but protects calipers, undercarriage, wheel wells, door jambs, in between seals and more
    Versatility: Use on nearly any surface
    Ease of Use: Spray on and rinse off
    Dirt and Water repellency: Dirt and water are repelled from the surface
    Instant Vehicle Release: No cure time needed
    Time Saver: Maintains paint quickly with enormous time savings compared to any other paint protection product
    Less wiping: With no more wiping and buffing waxes or sealants on and off the paint there is less chance of scratches.
    UV Protection: Offers significant protection from UVA and UVB rays and sun damage
    Chemical and fallout Protection: Resistant to nearly all acids, alkaline solutions, and solvents
    Concentrated Value: Dilution of 1 part Hydro to 6 parts water
    Beauty: Instantly revives the high gloss, deep luster, and smoothness of your paint
    Durability: 3 to 6 months

Directions:

Do NOT apply HydrO2 in the sun or to a hot surface! Applying in this manner will cause streaks that do not wipe off easily.
    In shaded location or shop wash your vehicle and remove any dirt from the surfaces. (For Best Results use CarPro Reset or Iron X Snow Soap)
    Surface must be well cleaned from soap residue and left wet with water.
    Dilute 1 part HydrO2 to 6 parts water. We recommend a spray bottle for fast and easy application.
    Spray fine mist of diluted HydrO2 on no more than 1/4 of vehicle before rinsing. Very little is needed and no overlap is needed.
    From time you start spraying a section to rinsing off should be approximately 30 seconds or less.
    Immediately rinse well with strong water pressure to produce physical shock and create a well formed coating.
    Repeat steps 5-7 on the next section of the vehicle rinsing well before moving to next section.
    Finish by "flood rinsing" the vehicle without a spray nozzle to push all the water off from top down.
    Dry any remaining water by blowing off with a clean Dry Me Crazy Jr.
    I guess I was under the impression that Sonax 04 06 (sorry if I called it an AIO, maybe it's not) does not lay down protection? Just finished polishing and looks great, really liking the Sonax. I was going to use Ech20 to clean up any waterspots and maintenance down the road.
    Go right ahead and use ech20 as a maintenance product. There is nothing wrong with that approach. You could even mix reload into your ech20 mixture to add some protection sort of like a booster.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help, I am going to apply Hydro2 tomorrow morning. The Sonax cut/polish worked awesome. I figured it would be easy to maintain and I would like to see how the Hydro2 holds up over time. I will look into getting Reload as well. Much appreciated!

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Remove polish after working. Then do a quick Eraser wipe down if you have it. Otherwise, take it out and rewash then apply Hydr02 then dry.

No need to wipe down Hydr02 with ECH20 right after application honestly. Use it as a maintenance product/wipedown starting a few days after application of Hydr02.
    See bold.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro2 question

You absolutely need to remove polishing oils before Hydro2. That shouldn't be an issue, just wash the car with a non gloss agent soap, rinse, apply hydro2, rinse again. Dry. Ech2O would be a fantastic maintenance product on top of Hydro2. Do not top hydro2 with reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    You absolutely need to remove polishing oils before Hydro2. That shouldn't be an issue, just wash the car with a non gloss agent soap, rinse, apply hydro2, rinse again. Dry. Ech2O would be a fantastic maintenance product on top of Hydro2. Do not top hydro2 with reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Why would Ech2o be fantastic, but not Reload?
    Unrelated to this but, how do you feel about mixing Ech2o with Reload as a waterless wash/detail spray?

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Why would Ech2o be fantastic, but not Reload?
    Unrelated to this but, how do you feel about mixing Ech2o with Reload as a waterless wash/detail spray?

Sent from my iPhone
    I asked Corey from CarPro this question a while back and I forget the exact answer, but he said to use one or they other. I wouldn't mix Ech2O/reload, but that's a personal preference. I'll get some detailed answer from Corey and report back.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, seems like a lot of people like adding Reload to Ech2O for added gloss/slickness. Maybe this is just over Hydro 2 and not a coating?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast