autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on Griot's Boss Products

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Can't remember if the foam itself is a different construction (open cell or closed cell), but don't forget the BOSS pads are also much thinner than the regular pads which helps with rotation for more efficient correction.

But, you can use any of the creams on whatever pad you choose. I would imagine you'd get milder correction with the regular orange Griots polishing pad than you would with the orange BOSS correcting pad if only from the reduced movement at the pad face as the thicker foam absorbs some of the energy from the machine.
    ya i see what you mean, the long throw pads are def thinner but if you put the innerflex pad on them that makes them about the same. i wouldnt use the ones with the hole in them on the gg6 though because the long throw machine has a hole in it where the pad hole goes. on a regular machine the backing plate velcro would be to close to the paint for comfort for me. the regular pads are kinda thin anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember if the foam itself is a different construction (open cell or closed cell), but don't forget the BOSS pads are also much thinner than the regular pads which helps with rotation for more efficient correction.

But, you can use any of the creams on whatever pad you choose. I would imagine you'd get milder correction with the regular orange Griots polishing pad than you would with the orange BOSS correcting pad if only from the reduced movement at the pad face as the thicker foam absorbs some of the energy from the machine.
    i dont think so ive been using both versions they def seem the same i could be wrong though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    ya i see what you mean, the long throw pads are def thinner but if you put the innerflex pad on them that makes them about the same. i wouldnt use the ones with the hole in them on the gg6 though because the long throw machine has a hole in it where the pad hole goes. on a regular machine the backing plate velcro would be to close to the paint for comfort for me. the regular pads are kinda thin anyway
    The inner flex pad is only for use when you need more squish in the pad for working on curved areas; it's not recommended for extended use.

Regarding the Velcro on the backing plate, how hard are you pushing? I've also used both pads, and have really dug the BOSS pads (both 5.5 and 6.5 inch). Never felt any hint of danger you refer to.

Mike Phillips has a "Thin is in" article that talks of the advantages of any of the thin pads...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    I am thinking of using the Correcting Cream and finishing sealant with my GG6. Can these be used with regular foam pads, or is it really necessary to get the Boss Pads?

Thanks.
    It's always best to use products that work within the product line itself,but not necessarily you can use whatever you can afford.To me a pad is a pad at the end of the day whether it's all different branding it all pretty much the same.Go with thin pro for that machine.pad choice may come into play on difficult paint like lexus or ceramiclear.I'm not one to buy everything that is presented as being new,I just stick to what works and 90 percent of all my machine work is gg6 with thin pro pads.

Post Thanks / Like

The inner flex pad is only for use when you need more squish in the pad for working on curved areas; it's not recommended for extended use.

Regarding the Velcro on the backing plate, how hard are you pushing? I've also used both pads, and have really dug the BOSS pads (both 5.5 and 6.5 inch). Never felt any hint of danger you refer to.

Mike Phillips has a "Thin is in" article that talks of the advantages of any of the thin pads...
    well for me the g15 gets way better rotation with the innerflex pad even on a flat panel. i never read anywhere that it wasn't recommended for extended use. where did you see that?

dont worry about the thing i said about the hole that was just a personal observation. im pretty sure its not possible that it would actually happen. its just that the gg6 and the g15 have totally different backing plates. i never tried the boss pads with the hole in them on the gg6. i feel the regular griots pads are thin enough compared to the pads i was using before them. ill probably buy some thinpro pads next time for the flex. i actually did just buy a set of the 3" boss pads to use on the mini ill be using them today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12