autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Correcting AIO

No power lock or jescar will bond to 151,I could step it up to collinite but I don't have any on hand.So it's gonna be power lock or rejex.

Post Thanks / Like

why top a AIO instead of doing a dedicated polish and then so?

Post Thanks / Like

i top out of habit and as an extra precaution, so i might do a final wipe with a sealant or a QD just to double check ive not missed any areas on the wipe off. its more of a habit now i guess then anything. it also makes me feel better...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I like Wolfgang Uber AIO and have been impressed with HD Speed
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

5. Likes ls14camaross liked this post
    Dislikes ls14camaross disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    The 151 will knock out the truck in one step one pad one machine.for this situation is the best product to get the job done quickly and added protection.I find 151 to work great on these white ss tundras.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno...kinda what I wondered after using HD Speed which everyone loves so much. Seems like most top it with something at which point I wonder the same "Why not dedicated polish, then top"? Although I guess if HD Speed gets ya where ya want, and then top with HD Poxy it kinda gives 1.5 'coats' of Poxy instead of just the 1 in the polish/top scenario. Having read anecdotal evidence that Speed and Poxy do not have the best durability I kinda wonder about using them at all when I can Polish and drop WGDGPS or Collinite 915 or, given it's price point McKees Paint Coating on top and get better longevity. I dunno...

Too bad because I like the HD packaging...bottles look and perform nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Do any of you AIO experts ever switch half to 3/4 of your way through an AIO polish and switch to a less aggressive pad? Example: first 2/3 section passes with MF cutting pad then switch to a polishing foam pad for the last 2/3 section passes. Call it a 1.5 step polish.
    Yes. I've done it based on the needs of a particular situation. (but I'm not AIO expert) Although, the switch was made to a more aggressive pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The whole purpose of an AIO is provide a little boost to the shine while focusing on laying down protection in one fast, easy, step. If you going to be switching up pads, it sounds like you are chasing a better finish to the surface and you'd be much better served by using a polish and not an AIO.
    Not necessarily. If a car has a consistent finish throughout, then I can see just using one polish/pad combo. In the case(s) where I've used different combos, there were more defects in certain spots. In an effort to get a more consistent FINISH throughout the entire car, I had to change the combo I was using.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    No power lock or jescar will bond to 151,I could step it up to collinite but I don't have any on hand.So it's gonna be power lock or rejex.
    Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Dunno...kinda what I wondered after using HD Speed which everyone loves so much. Seems like most top it with something at which point I wonder the same "Why not dedicated polish, then top"? Although I guess if HD Speed gets ya where ya want, and then top with HD Poxy it kinda gives 1.5 'coats' of Poxy instead of just the 1 in the polish/top scenario. Having read anecdotal evidence that Speed and Poxy do not have the best durability I kinda wonder about using them at all when I can Polish and drop WGDGPS or Collinite 915 or, given it's price point McKees Paint Coating on top and get better longevity. I dunno...

Too bad because I like the HD packaging...bottles look and perform nicely.
    someone else had mentioned it at one time and it made sense that if you immediately top something with another then it becomes that. i wouldn't bother topping an AIO unless it was quick and easy like with a spray wax. i dunno, to each his/her own...

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like a lot of guys share a similar sentiment. Which maybe 10 years ago when nearly all of the AIO/cleaner waxes available had little to no cut and were a pain to remove if you didn't stop and remove it after every panel. But now days, especially if you are detailing professionally, it seems like taking the extra time to use a dedicated polish only to follow it up with a sealant that lasts 4-6 months is doing yourself a bit of a disservice. Using an AIO like HD Speed allows you to polish and seal your entire vehicle w/o going back to remove it until the end. And even if it only offers a month of durability, you can follow it with your choice of finishing sealant for more durability.

I understand the logic behind wanting the paint completely free of waxes, silicone's, oils, etc to give sealants the most optimal surface to bond too. Personally, I try to finish with HD speed when possible and based on what my customer wants/values I will top it with Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant for customers I only see once a year or I will top it with Opti-seal, Reload, or OCW for the maintenance customers I see every 6 months or less and I haven't noticed any significant difference in durability that would warrant need for a dedicated polish instead.

This is all my personal opinion though I will say that about 10% of the time I DO have to HD polish+ rather than HD Speed for customers paying for a 1-step polish and wax because it is actually easier to remove on soft/sticky paint.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345