autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Car Wash Plus+

Meguiar's posted up the video for this. For those asking here you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Car Wash Plus+

So this is the opposite of economical and water conserving. How long till California bans this?

this is a weird product and I don't see it taking off with normal people let alone us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    So this is the opposite of economical and water conserving. How long till California bans this?

this is a weird product and I don't see it taking off with normal people let alone us.
    I don't know if it will "take off". But I do see a place for it. Say it's winter time, below freezing, and I don't have a garage. And I have the winter salt/grime on my vehicle that needs to be wiped for removal. I could go to the pay and spray with just the soap and a mitt (or sponge). Blast off the grit with the first $2.50. Then hit it with the sponge and soap. Then rinse with another $2.50. Minimal equipment, minimal time. Maybe not for the autogeeks, but for the masses, it could be a nice/useful product.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is where it makes sense to me...one bucket wash.

Rinse car down...one bucket with grit guard.......wet mitt....apply the soap....wash panel....rinse mitt in bucket....rinse panel....move to next panel and repeat???
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    Here is where it makes sense to me...one bucket wash.

Rinse car down...one bucket with grit guard.......wet mitt....apply the soap....wash panel....rinse mitt in bucket....rinse panel....move to next panel and repeat???
    You can do a one bucket wash with normal shampoos too...one bucket with grit guard, water and shampoo...pre-rinse one panel...wash one panel...rinse the mitt and panel...dry the panel.

About this product...I too dont see the point but the same was probarbly said about ONR when it first came out. Meguairs will really have to explain the benefits of this or else its not gonna sell.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice the line in the video that said: "With Micro Polishing Agents"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JKDesign View Post
    Did anyone else notice the line in the video that said: "With Micro Polishing Agents"
    Yeah, they were pretty clear about that in the SEMA/MOL introduction. As I said in another thread about this--this really seems like a solution in search of a problem.

I mean I can see how the person that washes their car once every year or two might buy this for the bug/tar "tough dirt" "light scuffs", but selling a product that's going to get used only every year or two doesn't sound like that's going to be very successful.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder if CarPro came out with this product if we would be questioning its abilities.

Maybe it'll be the new era of polishing soaps leading to AIO wash products.

2018 - CarPro Essence Wash Soap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Makes me wonder if CarPro came out with this product if we would be questioning its abilities.

Maybe it'll be the new era of polishing soaps leading to AIO wash products.
    I don't think anyone has questioned its abilities, just its marketing position.

Is anyone who is a 'Geek going to use this to remove scuffs or things we would normally remove with clay? I think not...which again, puts the target market as narrow segment of the general car wash market who cares enough to remove those kinds of things but doesn't care enough to use a dedicated product like clay or polish, and also doesn't care enough to wash the car frequently enough to remove those things.

It's a cool idea, it's just suited for a very narrow set of circumstances, IMO, and therefore unlikely to be a success.

Taking it a little further, on the surface, this seems like it might be a good product for a pro detailer looking to give a little oomph to a low-end car wash and give the customer a little more bang for the buck...but why would you use this instead of a clay-alternative mitt?

Perhaps I'm over-thinking this and when some members actually use it, it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the concept.

This would be great for the user who will apply a spray wax after the wash.

It would also be great before polishing, to possibly address contamination that straddles the link between washing an clawing - like thick, flat tar deposits, tree sap, bird drpooings, etc. Sometimes the wash process isn't enough, and the contamination is more than a clay can handle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast