autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So, How many times do you wash your car?

Quite curious about this one.

i guess it also depends where you live. I am keen to maintain my sealant and wax as much as I possibly can. I use ph neutral shampoo from autofinesse, lambs wool mitt and two drying towels that I dab and blot to dry, no swiping. Tend to wash my car every 3-4 weeks.

i live in London, rain, cold, snow, sun, cloud you name it.

how many times do you all wash and what shampoo do you use.

I try and avoid washing that regularly because even though my Audi paint is hard to cut it scratches ridiculously easily!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, How many times do you wash your car?

Spring/Summer/Fall Once a weekend. Foam gun with any quality soap/buckets/hand wash. Every wash is followed by a good drying aid/wax. Amazing how this last step prolongs your LSP. Good quality wash mitt. PA WINTERS....I really can't do much. I will look for break's in the weather and do a wash.

So, How many times do you wash your car?-0906161053-00-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

When the weather allows, I try to wash both my car and truck once a week. I use Optimum Car Wash with about 1 ounce of ONR added to my wash bucket. My car stays in the garage and is rarely driven in the rain. I am lucky to also have garage parking at work, but my truck stays outside 24/7 unless I drive it to work. It has been my experience that the LSP on my car lasts much longer than the LSP on my truck even though they are washed with the same frequency using the same products. While I have no scientific basis for this opinion, it seems to me that the exposure to the outside elements does much more to degrade the LSP than the washing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Once a week when the weather is 45 degrees or higher. Right now I'm using Meguiars HW and a megs MF mitt. Rinseless washes occasionally. My new favorite summer wash is just rinseless washing the bugs off mirrors, windshield and front bumper . I will only do this type of rinseless when the rest of the car is too clean to legitimize washing the entire car.

I should say when the hose is still outside and temps allow. I have been known to get my hose out from the basement when temps rise into the 30's. Hose get put back inside due to extremely crappy cold temps. -10 degree F right now

Post Thanks / Like

Every week (both garage kept cars) and weather permitting on outside daily driver (1-2 monthly usually)

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, during the winter, I'm at once a week down in the garage but during the other 3 seasons it's 2-3 times a week and that varies between WW or RW based off conditions. I really like using WW on my car when it has days of dust on it or if it's driven in light rain and needs a cleaning. The RW is for when I drive in days of rain or right now in the winter. For winter washing, with a week's worth of salt and muck on the car, it gets a 2BM wash using my Aqua sponge and at times, a quick rinse at the quarter wash to rinse away that top layer and to get up in the wheelwells and up under the car. There are times during the winter where the GD method is also used, just comes down to situations.

Sorry that I went overboard on this, LOL.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever heard the term, "you're going to wash the paint off"? I don't want to be that guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Have you ever heard the term, "you're going to wash the paint off"? I don't want to be that guy.
    Think once a week is unrealistic for me to be honest. I concer regarding wax spray. Going to use bouncers done and dusted after washes now to add protection and maintain the shine. Has anyone got any experience with the product ? I hear it's incredible

Post Thanks / Like

This is currently from a Wisconsin winter perspective.
    Generally I will do it on a weekend when I have time for my too much time car wash.
    When a wet snow is followed by single digit cold you get a chance to see the dry salt and sand stuck everywhere.
    I presoak underneath,wheel wells,engine bay, basically any where the pump sprayer wand reaches. Yesterday I did 2 Salt-Aways,1 D114 and 1 ONR.
    I want the salt and sand soaking so it comes off with the pressure washer. Overkill maybe,,,nah

I was doing rinseless washes during winter but now I have decided to do 2 buckets in the garage.
    Three Chenille wash mitts,one for the top, one for each side and DP turbo dryer to complete.
    One Eagle Edgeless with Opti-seal for any remaining water, makes me giddy it's so easy.

There isn't a floor drain but nothing a squeegee can't take care of.
    Recently I started using Optimum soap but totally forgot about adding an ounce of ONR until Helltopay mentioned it.

AND----Gloss Coat this year is making a huge difference in ease of cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

I live down the street from Roger, and I can muster only once per month in the winter. But, during the spring, summer and fall, it's basically once per week with a more rinseless washes in the early spring and late fall. Try to foam and/or 2BW as much as possible in the summer.

Sent via my mobile device...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast