autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Difference between ONRW&S and ONRW&W

What the difference between the two Optimum No Rinse products W&S and W&W ? Is one easier to use than the other? Tks

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between ONRW&S and ONRW&W

Simply put, ONRW&W has a wax component in it whereas the normal blue ONR does not. I`v had a few Optimum "leaders" recommend ONRW&W for maintanence washes and the blue ONR for everything else. Personally, I stick to the normal blue ONR. If I want a wax component added, Ill use a spray wax or similar as I dry.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    Simply put, ONRW&W has a wax component in it whereas the normal blue ONR does not. I`v had a few Optimum "leaders" recommend ONRW&W for maintanence washes and the blue ONR for everything else. Personally, I stick to the normal blue ONR. If I want a wax component added, Ill use a spray wax or similar as I dry.
    +1

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. I understand. I will just use the blue ONR for washing.

Last week was the first time I used ONR . I used it in the garage when the temperature was 40 deg F.
    I sprayed each panel with ONR at QD concentration before washing with regular concentration . It works very well but now I am wondering whether the pre spray is really necessary .

Post Thanks / Like

I pre treat it can't hurt then I use the big red sponge.

Post Thanks / Like

QD strength isn't necessary for a pre-rinse.

Fill a bucket with 2 gallons of water and pour 1 oz of ONR in. Just fill your bottle from that and you will have 1:256 rinseless ratio.

I'll admit I use 1 ounce in a gallon pump sprayer, so 1:128 for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportflyer View Post
    OK. I understand. I will just use the blue ONR for washing.

Last week was the first time I used ONR . I used it in the garage when the temperature was 40 deg F.
    I sprayed each panel with ONR at QD concentration before washing with regular concentration . It works very well but now I am wondering whether the pre spray is really necessary .
    It depends on how dirty the paint is. If it is not to dirty a pre-soak is not necessary. I wash weekly with the big red sponge and I don't pre-soak.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    QD strength isn't necessary for a pre-rinse.

Fill a bucket with 2 gallons of water and pour 1 oz of ONR in. Just fill your bottle from that and you will have 1:256 rinseless ratio.

I'll admit I use 1 ounce in a gallon pump sprayer, so 1:128 for me.
    I agree with this.

To the op I make 4 to 4.5 gallons of ONR. I only use one bucket when using ONR. No two bucket needed with ONR. I will dunk my pump sprayer or spray bottle into that bucket I make before I use it to have a bottle of ONR for a pre-soak if needed or just general usage for interiors or glass.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point about using wash concentration for a spray pre rinse .

As for usage , I find that I use less the 1/2 the ONR wash solution for 2 cars over 2 days. I wash only one car per day . I also find that using 2 rinse buckets is most helpful , the first one with dirt guard , the second just plain water. 2 rinses keep the cleaning mitts much cleaner before dipping in the ONR. I find it faster to use 3 wash mitts .

One other interesting observation is that the car appears to be less messy from road splash when driving through snow and slush after being washed with ONR ...More slick so the splashes wont stick as much ? Maybe I should keep my unused ONR in the wash bucket for a quick wipe down of the lower panels of the car after a run in messy road conditions rather than throw it away.

Post Thanks / Like

You can pretty much keep your wash media in the unused ONR in the wash bucket. No need to throw it away unless you need to throw it away. I think a lot of the guys who use ONR just keep the BRS in the ONR solution until next time they need it. And like the others have said above, no need for a rinse bucket with ONR. You would be surprised at what you could get away with when you use ONR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    I use the ONRW&W for the added wax that supposedly has the patented UVA and UVB protection which is definately a plus in the South West.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast