autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need or Want?

Post Thanks / Like

Need or Want?

Hey guys I really only need certain products but I'm working on keeping my wants under control.

That said i bought that Sonax glass cleaner on sale, do i NEED it heck no i have enoigh glass cleaners to last forever but i WANT to try it.

I like to know what those of you that have used this product think about it?

Feel free to express what products you want over what you need.
    Steve
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need or Want?

I have bought that and have to regretfully say it's not good.But mobile or indoors make a difference.may work better indoors.kinda streaky and it wouldn't remove light pollen on a Tahoe I was working on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, what's your go to for glass? Mine has been the purple Megs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I have bought that and have to regretfully say it's not good.But mobile or indoors make a difference.may work better indoors.kinda streaky and it wouldn't remove light pollen on a Tahoe I was working on.
    Steve
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Same here great product super cheap .Ive sold not for profit 10 gallons for stay at home moms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Same here great product super cheap .Ive sold not for profit 10 gallons for stay at home moms.
    People may laugh but jnj baby shampoo and dw really does a fine job.
    Steve
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just bought the same glass cleaner when I have close to a full gallon of Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate... I too have a hard time from purchasing detailing supplies when I already have something similar. I enjoy trying out different products, but this year I told myself I need to use up a product before replacing it with something new. I have not used the Sonax Glass Cleaner enough yet to comment if I prefer it over Meguiar's.

Mike Phillips

Two comments....

First... like most people, I don't like cleaning glass. (who does?).

At our house I'm the car detailer and my wife Stacy is the "House Detailer". For what it's worth... her favorite glass cleaner hands-down for cleaning both glass and mirrors is the SONAX Glass Cleaner.

As for the Meguiar's Glass Cleaner? I started showing this product to detail shops when it was first introduced. When Meguiar's re-launched their Professional Detailer Line they asked me if I wanted the Oregon terrirtory? I said "yes" and started a business called Professional Surface Care. Dumb name but at the time that's what I came up with. I called on shops and left tem samples of the Meguiar's Glass Cleaner. The next week I would stop by the shop to pick up the sample spray bottle and from memory, every shop I gave a sample of Meguiar's glass cleaner to then purchased either a 1-gallon jug of concentrate or a 5-gallon container of concentrate.

This is why I bought the 1966 Milk Truck. I needed a Route Truck and I hated the idea of driving a WHITE VAN like all the other guys that have a route.

Look at it.... see the Meguiar's stickers? Those were the "Professional Line" graphics at the time. Note the front license plate too...

And of course, I used it for my car detailing business too.... by the way that's a REAL A.C. Cobra, not a reproduction...

So in my opinion, both the SONAX and the Meguiar's glass cleaners are top notch product. I also recently tested the new BLACKFIRE glass cleaner and found it to be a great glass cleaner.

How to remove Smokers Film off inside of windshield - Review: BLACKFIRE Glass Cleaner

Milk Truck story here,

1966 Milk Truck

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.