autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Question for Detailers

Quote Originally Posted by marchese_alexander View Post
    Just got quoted $1235 (with tax) for Finest. This includes a 1-step polish, face of wheels coated with Dlux and glass coated with Forte.

Is it a good price?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Autogeekonline mobile app
    That would be $1275 at my shop for the paint and wheels. (I don't currently offer a coating for the glass)
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    That would be $1275 at my shop for the paint and wheels. (I don't currently offer a coating for the glass)
    I guess is a good price then. How much coating the glass (headligths and tails) goes for?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess is a good price then. How much coating the glass (headligths and tails) goes for?

Yes, I'd say that's a very fair price and doubt you'd find it cheaper. I believe most (if not all) installers coat the head/tail light as part of the install, no additional charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What Red said. Im sure I speak for all Finest installers when I say that we polish the head and taillights and coat as well as part of the Finest package.

And $1235 is a good price for what you were quoted.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Between CQUK and Finest, can anyone tell me the difference? Why Finest is more expensive? I know Finest is part Silica and Titanium but what does that means, how does that translates to paint protection?

There's seems to be no clear answer, at least, I haven't found one. Nor any detailer I have spoken to have had a real answer. They simply say, is part x and part y, a completely different product. Yeah, but that does tell me anything. Is like they memorized a response to a question.

Post Thanks / Like

Between CQUK and Finest, can anyone tell me the difference? Why Finest is more expensive? I know Finest is part Silica and Titanium but what does that means, how does that translates to paint protection?

There's seems to be no clear answer, at least, I haven't found one. Nor any detailer I have spoken to have had a real answer. They simply say, is part x and part y, a completely different product. Yeah, but that does tell me anything. Is like they memorized a response to a question.

Found this

Functional major difference between CQF and CQUK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Exactly how he says, how do you measure those claims? Proof? How many years does UK "lasts"? Finest says minimum of 2 (up to 10) but can't find anything for UK.

Post Thanks / Like

finest has more silica in it compared to its sister brand there for when it cures it's more harder of a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, I will recommend you contact Corey at CarPro US for the absolute best, most informative answer... this will remove all bias from the answer as he is not trying to sell you a product like your detailer may or may not be, and it will take all guess work out of the answer since he is the only distributor of Finest in the US and is of course an expert on all CQuartz products, so while many AGO members may have read things, most of them have no experience comparing CQ, CQUK, and CQ Finest like Corey has.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

That's the answer from carpro.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast