autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products for machine polishing Mercedes C250

The how many pads do I need question is well answered in an article by Mike Phillips, do a search.. its good.

The logic is always the same though, maintain the pad between passes to keep the working face from becoming saturated with polish and clear-coat as this prevents the polishing process from being effective.

The number you "NEED" depends on the state of the paint (heavily oxidised) the level of correction (ie amount of clear being polished off) and the type of polish and pad.. i.e. how tolerant they are to material load etc.

And "knowing" all of this is a little hit and miss.. (its actually observed on the pad itself and the performance of the polishing as you progress)..
    So the easy rule is "clean o the fly" (look it up on this site). and changes out pads every large panel or so (eg a hood and both wings, then a new one for doors and roof, and another for the rear quarters and trunk etc.. more if the correction is high..).....

And re products keeping it simple.. eg megs compound and polish then collinite 845 will give you very high performance for a very reasonable cost...

Sorry for the delay response, I was 10hrs on the BM on Saturday and another 8 on the Sunday for another bloody BMW... knackered now..

All the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I corrected a black 2010 C300 a long time ago with the Meguiars Ultimate line with good results. Ultimate Compound with Megs flat foam cutting disc, Ultimate Polish with the Megs foam polishing disc, and topped with Ultimate Liquid Wax on a black foam finishing pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royalkangaroo View Post
    I corrected a black 2010 C300 a long time ago with the Meguiars Ultimate line with good results. Ultimate Compound with Megs flat foam cutting disc, Ultimate Polish with the Megs foam polishing disc, and topped with Ultimate Liquid Wax on a black foam finishing pad.

Looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Products for machine polishing Mercedes C250

I've inspected the car and the condition is quite decent, only has light and minimum swirls.

I'm thinking I could perhaps with a single stage plus LSP.

What would you guys recommend - should I go for an AIO or perhaps a polish using black pad plus LSP?

Thank you again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Test spot...
    In your situation (using what I have) i'd hit it with Scholl S20 with a blue spider pad on DA.. and verify the test spot.. (but I have gotten the results I was after with this combo)...
    Then slap a coat of collinite 845 and be done with it.
    Re apply the 845 each month to keep it looking good and read up on good washing and drying practice to minimise future swirls..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12