autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long do your drying towels last?

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i've had mine since they first came out and it's fine. btw, with the holiday season coming up (black friday, Christmas) it will be even less with the sales. the less you touch the paint, the less chance of inducing marring/scratches which equals more polishing...
    Yup.

Love my backpack leaf blower for this. Whole truck dried in about 5 minutes. Then a light once-over with a guzzler. Done.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like some are saying that washing my towels with a good mf detergent will prolong their useful life.

Have folks found this out to be true? I suppose it would be worth the investment if I can get this result. I honestly don't see a lot of grime on my drying towels, and hardly any on my sponges, for that matter, so I don't see a strong need to just clean the towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    It seems like some are saying that washing my towels with a good mf detergent will prolong their useful life.

Have folks found this out to be true? I suppose it would be worth the investment if I can get this result. I honestly don't see a lot of grime on my drying towels, and hardly any on my sponges, for that matter, so I don't see a strong need to just clean the towels.
    Actually, it does help. A clean(ed) towel performs much better.

Do I wash them every time I dry with them? No. But about every 3-4 washes (dries).

I use the Cobra Guzzlers, and I really do notice a difference.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I've spent many a fortune of good WW towels. Maybe it's just me, never did care for them on drying. Always prefer a plush towel. My oldest one is a Detailer Paradise one. Runner up would be 2 of these yellow towels I got from Rubbish Boys. Then there are my go to MFM towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some plush drying towels that are going on ten years old. I wash them with clear laundry detergent each time after drying a car. I also use spray wax as a drying aid with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yup.

Love my backpack leaf blower for this. Whole truck dried in about 5 minutes. Then a light once-over with a guzzler. Done.
    That's exactly what I do. When washing my car/van I don't want to touch the paint drying it and the back of the van in all it's hiding places and joints can hide a gallon of water that will come out for the following day I don't blast it out. I hate streaks.

Blowers work great on wheels and tires too. Love being able to put dressing on and not have water jump out on my applicator.

Once done I grab a 16x16 MF towel that's damp with Uber Rinseless and I wiper the car over with a few sprays and wipe with that to give it a gloss and remove any excess anything. Viola!

Start to finish including a wheels scrub and dry and detail I can do my car in 45 minutes and the van in 1hr.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    That's exactly what I do. When washing my car/van I don't want to touch the paint drying it and the back of the van in all it's hiding places and joints can hide a gallon of water that will come out for the following day I don't blast it out. I hate streaks.

Blowers work great on wheels and tires too. Love being able to put dressing on and not have water jump out on my applicator.

Once done I grab a 16x16 MF towel that's damp with Uber Rinseless and I wiper the car over with a few sprays and wipe with that to give it a gloss and remove any excess anything. Viola!

Start to finish including a wheels scrub and dry and detail I can do my car in 45 minutes and the van in 1hr.
    Do you use a blower for rinseless washing too or just 2bm?...then a final wipe with a microfiber? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    Do you use a blower for rinseless washing too or just 2bm?...then a final wipe with a microfiber? Thanks!
    Yes. The reason being is that the polymers in rinseless will spot up the car too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I am 10+ years with quality MF's and All Free & Clear detergent. The quality MF detergents are great too, just haven't had the need since what I have works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had pretty good luck by always washing drying and washing towels separately and properly. I avoid contaminating them with anything used for polishing or waxing. I also think if you overly dry them they do not absorb as well. The waffle weave types seem to work longer than the nap ones for me.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast