autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody else get disappointed after you detail your regularly detailed car??

This is an interesting thread...I am kind of on the opposite side of the fence to some extent. I keep my interior detailed. In fact my interior looks better than it did on the day I picked the truck up from the dealer. I do weekly interior cleaning (which takes all of 15-30 minutes). It is amazing how easy it makes cleaning up the interior. However...my exterior has been neglected for a solid year since I did a full decon, polish, and wax. Since then I have done a basic exterior wash (most the times just a touchless car wash) every few months. I really wish I would have been better about doing maintenance washes on my exterior, as I definitely need to decon/clay my paint and repolish and wax or apply a paint coating. I have a four door F-150 so maintaining the exterior is a lot of work...and summers here in Arizona make it almost impossible to get out and wash the exterior (unless you wake up a 5AM).

Anyways...while I have maintained my interior to a flawless "finish", I haven't done the same for my exterior. I think if I did an exterior wash every 2-3 weeks it would have helped me a lot. Now I have to find some time to do a full exterior detail on my truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody else get disappointed after you detail your regularly detailed car??

I'm never disappointed, except when my cars aren't perfect!

I get the itch and have it today, to do another car so I can see the wonderful fruits of my efforts. However, with my vehicles, they are kept pretty clean and I love being able to to just wash and go. Occasionally, I'll hit a patch that may have a scratch or mark on it but for the most part I don't have to. Once correct for the year/usually spring time, I'm done other than playing with other products.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my cars are not perfect, they are daily drivers. I mostly look to just clean the paint more than polish, but I find living in Pittsburgh, it is almost impossible to go without claying your car at least once a year, no matter what the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Oh, my cars are not perfect, they are daily drivers. I mostly look to just clean the paint more than polish, but I find living in Pittsburgh, it is almost impossible to go without claying your car at least once a year, no matter what the LSP.
    How often do you lay down a base layer of your lsp?

Post Thanks / Like

Twice a year, usually once in April and once in October. Current LSP is Sonax PNS, and my monthly topper is Sonax BSD. They are the best I have found for keeping contaminants down.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's why I wait until the car is dirty to really wash it and then I see the difference. My works parking lot is next to a building under construction so I get a lot of construction dust on my car so after a few days of work, car looks very dusty in the sun and then I wash it and just enjoy the difference. Interior as well since I occasionally smoke in it so I just wait for the ashes to gather on my seats then clean it out so I can actually see the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

apply dedicated LSP
    Could very well be the reason why you aren't so thrilled lately. After a while you build up tolerance to the 'bling.' Same product, with same result (albeit exceptional outcome).

I tend to switch up just to keep it interesting. Each time I would get a different reflection; silky, glassy, candy-like, warmth, etc. Each time I would swore "THIS IS IT!" But of course it never is, although I do have a favorite (4* UPP).

Steak and lobster for a few months, and suddenly the last steak & lobster dinner is so-so... No surprise, really. lol

Post Thanks / Like

"Anybody else get disappointed after you detail your regularly detailed car?? "

YES, EVERYTIME!!! My car is black and although I try to be as careful as possible, and try to use the correct techniques, I always notice new/pre-existing swirls, scratches, and stone chips. I would get some professional help (machine polishing) but I'm turning it in next year for a white car.
    My wife's car is white and after I wash, or detail it, I don't notice much in the way of blemishes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12