autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling stupid, product suggestions?

I am feeling stupid tonight, and might blow some cash. Below is what I have, and what I have in my basket that I am ordering from CAD distributor for autogeek. Keep in mind they don't have any MEG's Detailing line so I am somewhat limited in my choices.

What I already have:

CG Orange Degreaser 1 Gallon
    CG Nonsense 1 Gallon
    CG Instawax 1 Gallon
    CG Clay Lube 1 Gallon
    CG Hybrid V07 1 Gallon
    CG Diablo Gel 1 Gallon (I won't buy this again way overpriced)
    CG InnerClean 1 Gallon
    CG Mr.Pink 1 Gallon
    CG Citrus Wash & Gloss 1 Gallon
    CG EcoSmart (1 Gallon of RU that I made myself)
    CG Foam Pad Cleaner 1 Gallon
    CG Pad Conditioner (Waste of money it is basically claylube) 1 Gallon
    CG Glass Cleaner (16oz) This stuff sucks
    CG Lightning Fast (16oz) meh
    CG Black On Black (Aerosol)
    CG Silkshine (16oz) Almost empty
    CG VRP Dress (16Oz) 1/3 left
    CG New Look Trim Gel (Crap, basically a full bottle)
    CG V32,34,36,38, and VSS (Compounds/polishes)
    CG Blacklight 16oz (2/3rds left)
    CG JetSeal 16oz (1/2 bottle left)
    CG Butter WetWax 16oz (1/2 bottle left)
    CG XXX Wax
    CG Pete's 53 Wax
    Collinite 845 16oz (13 oz left)
    Megs UQW (Retail bottle) Brand new - 1 almost empty
    CarPro PERL (1 Liter)
    CarPro Hydro2 Lite (1 Liter)
    CarPro Iron X (500ml basically empty)
    Sonax Full Effect 2 bottles
    Stoners Invisible Glass (Aerosol)
    Stoners Invisible Glass with Rain Repel (Spray bottle)
    Folex Carpet Stain Remover (32Oz)

What I have in my shopping cart
    CarPro CeriGlass Polish Kit - 250ml
    CarPro Iron X 1 Liter
    CG Fabric Guard
    CG BareBones Undercarriage spray - 16oz
    Nanoskin sponge - Medium
    Sonax Glass Cleaner 16oz (I'm kind of curious about it)
    Sonax Brillant Shine Detailer
    RaceGlaze Detailing Brush

Anything you guys think I should add to this?
    PurdyDetail.com
    Shine | Reflection | Protection
    Servicing, Montreal, and North Shore.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feeling stupid, product suggestions?

When you are working on a car, what particular tasks make you think you may not be using the right product for the job? Or maybe that you think have the correct product but it does not work as described? Then maybe someone could suggest a product or two that would be good for that task.

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna 400. No detailer should leave home without it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by srpurdy View Post
    I am feeling stupid tonight, and might blow some cash. Below is what I have, and what I have in my basket that I am ordering from CAD distributor for autogeek. Keep in mind they don't have any MEG's Detailing line so I am somewhat limited in my choices.

What I already have:

CG Orange Degreaser 1 Gallon
    CG Nonsense 1 Gallon
    CG Instawax 1 Gallon
    CG Clay Lube 1 Gallon
    CG Hybrid V07 1 Gallon
    CG Diablo Gel 1 Gallon (I won't buy this again way overpriced)
    CG InnerClean 1 Gallon
    CG Mr.Pink 1 Gallon
    CG Citrus Wash & Gloss 1 Gallon
    CG EcoSmart (1 Gallon of RU that I made myself)
    CG Foam Pad Cleaner 1 Gallon
    CG Pad Conditioner (Waste of money it is basically claylube) 1 Gallon
    CG Glass Cleaner (16oz) This stuff sucks
    CG Lightning Fast (16oz) meh
    CG Black On Black (Aerosol)
    CG Silkshine (16oz) Almost empty
    CG VRP Dress (16Oz) 1/3 left
    CG New Look Trim Gel (Crap, basically a full bottle)
    CG V32,34,36,38, and VSS (Compounds/polishes)
    CG Blacklight 16oz (2/3rds left)
    CG JetSeal 16oz (1/2 bottle left)
    CG Butter WetWax 16oz (1/2 bottle left)
    CG XXX Wax
    CG Pete's 53 Wax
    Collinite 845 16oz (13 oz left)
    Megs UQW (Retail bottle) Brand new - 1 almost empty
    CarPro PERL (1 Liter)
    CarPro Hydro2 Lite (1 Liter)
    CarPro Iron X (500ml basically empty)
    Sonax Full Effect 2 bottles
    Stoners Invisible Glass (Aerosol)
    Stoners Invisible Glass with Rain Repel (Spray bottle)
    Folex Carpet Stain Remover (32Oz)

What I have in my shopping cart
    CarPro CeriGlass Polish Kit - 250ml
    CarPro Iron X 1 Liter
    CG Fabric Guard
    CG BareBones Undercarriage spray - 16oz
    Nanoskin sponge - Medium
    Sonax Glass Cleaner 16oz (I'm kind of curious about it)
    Sonax Brillant Shine Detailer
    RaceGlaze Detailing Brush

Anything you guys think I should add to this?
    Is that all you can get is chemical guys stuff?.stick with the invisible glass cleaner,I tried sonax glass it's not bad but not as great as invisible.I tried it out as well couldn't even remove the slightest dirt or pollen.

Post Thanks / Like

The nanoskin Medium sponge did not work for me, too grabby and will take 20-30 times longer to "Clay" and clay itself is better than the medium sponge. Try and get the Medium Wash Mitt instead, much better product. Yes it costs more, but the Sponge is not worth it one bit (medium only, I have not tried the fine Sponge)

As for your products, I don't know much about CG, their polishes are not great and are quite hated from everything I have read. Their soaps are good though, although a little pricey.

Sonax makes good stuff, I personally do not like my invisible glass aerosol, so give it a shot, you never know till you try it. I know I won't be getting the aerosol again - I would get the regular spray type one if they have it - because it still cleans really well! I don't get it here so I need to look for another product.

The sonax detailer is top notch from what I have read.

CG barebones is also supposed to be good for wheel wells.

That's all I got for now, as you said you cannot get Megs detailer line...Maybe you can get the Megs consumer line, in the form of Ultimate Compound and Ultimate polish? They are hidden gems in my honest opinion and amazing for a consumer line product. They will probably replace all your V polishes from CG and then some.

If you are willing to change up your polishes to DAT abrasives (diminishing), look at Sonax Polishes/compounds if you can get them. Meguiars is SMAT and I find easier to use personally.

Post Thanks / Like

I find the spray invisible deosnt perform as great as aerosol.Been a solid user of that product for years.At 3.54 a can blowing through 15 cans a week I had to switch to d120.aerosol cleans and evaporates quickly,where the spray is extra finishing work more liquidity to mop up.Any glass cleaner that can work with extreme heat and clean good is in my book a good glass cleaner.The sonax was talked and praised about,tried it and wouldn't buy it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I find the spray invisible deosnt perform as great as aerosol.Been a solid user of that product for years.At 3.54 a can blowing through 15 cans a week I had to switch to d120.aerosol cleans and evaporates quickly,where the spray is extra finishing work more liquidity to mop up.Any glass cleaner that can work with extreme heat and clean good is in my book a good glass cleaner.The sonax was talked and praised about,tried it and wouldn't buy it again.
    That's actually good to know, thanks! I was happy with my Armor All automotive glass cleaner lol...Maybe I should go back to it? :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    add some PERL - terrific product for multiple uses and is dilutable ...
    He already has the 1litre. But another litre would not be a bad idea lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    That's actually good to know, thanks! I was happy with my Armor All automotive glass cleaner lol...Maybe I should go back to it? :P
    I'm 100 percent mobile in heat everyday.I will take back what I said about sonax glass cleaner.products work and perform differently indoors.Im dealing with hot glass all the time and d120 is suited for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys,

Yeah 1 liter of PERL will last a while. It all depends how quickly business goes up. I been doing more cars so who knows lol. It's defintely a lot for just my car.

I may have to re-consider the nanoskin sponge then, I was hoping it would be a bit easier than clay. As typically I use iron-x and then grab a medium clay bar to finish up. I'll have to consider the mitt, it is a bit pricey. I had a medium mitt from CG but honestly I found it a waste of money. While it did work, it got really contamated over a couple cars and I wasn't able to clean it out. I didn't really find it worked as well as I would have hoped for the price either.

So you guys think I should get some M105 and 205? I was thinking of getting M101 but it's a little expensive. I can get some. Sonax ProfiLine Perfect Finish is also available. Also expensive. Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound 400 (FG-400) 32oz.?

Honestly I found V36 and VSS to be great products from CG. I found V34 was too dusty, and didn't finish that well. I haven't really did much with V32 yet. One place here in Canada does have the megs detailer line, but they are always out of stock. So it's kind of frustrating. I can get almost anything else though. I think My V34 will be used to headlights as it does work well on that.

My biggest struggle right now is removing stains from fabric seats. I scrub the hell out of them, and after a few days the dirt comes back. Which makes no sense to me. While I did this same process in other car and had no problems. I don't have an extractor so I have to do this by hand. So Folex works well for most stains, it doesn't seem to have any effect on oily type stains, but then is it my technique or is it my product. Folex works great just not on oil related issues. Nonsense is a really weak cleaner so it's really only good for minor dirt, and lightning fast seems to leave behind residue and really doesn't clean all that well either. Maybe I just need more tools / options. Because I have had good results with all of those, but it depends on the dirt that you're cleaning.

That is the reason I wanted to try sonax glass cleaner is mostly for interior glass, and in high heat, because I am always working outside. I can get my hands on D120 is that as good? It is is in stock, and 1 gallon of it is really cheap. I love stoners glass cleaner also, it's just kind of expensive. I have no real issues with most of the products I have I like most of them. I know a lot of people here don't like CG much. I'm not a fan of their marketing, but there products work well. Maybe if I had other compounds/polishes I might think differently haha. I think the only one I think is a complete waste was getting a gallon of instawax. I don't really like it that much. I'd much rather have D156 lol. Getting D156 here in Canada has proven to be very challenging. The one place that has it priced reasonable (not asking for my first born child) is always out of stock haha.

So in a nutshell I'd like a better glass cleaner for working in direct sun, one that is not as expensive as stoners, really the sonax detailer I was just curious to try it. I like V07 a lot. Don't really need to have more. Just curious to try something else. I want to be able to deliver top results. So part of that is me, and part of that is seeing what other products can do, and something that can take out stains in seats/carpet well, and a fabric guard to go on it after. I'm open to trying new polishes too. I heard good things about Menzerna too so.... options lol. Oh and I really have nothing for the wheel wells undercariage so thats why I was going to get some barebones. The water based dressings just don't last very long in there lol. Reason for the small bottle was incase I didn't like it.
    PurdyDetail.com
    Shine | Reflection | Protection
    Servicing, Montreal, and North Shore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast