autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Sponge problems :/

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Wash vehicle down first.Then use iron x to remove the junk on the paint.Then rinse and then foam again using your nano.There are 3 ways to decon a car using iron x,meaning there are 3 methods in different order.Also beware of imitators of nanoskin products.I skimped 2 years ago and bought a 20.00 magnum decon cloth.I learned the hard way.That company no longer makes the decon cloth.
    Have not been on this forum for so long... Hello guys.
    I believe that there are a lots of contamination on the paint that's why you have that rough feeling.
    I think something is missing. Did you forgot to remove tar or tree saps of bug liquid? I use tarminator, works so perfect for me.

This is my sequence if I have to do clay process:
    Foam->Rinse->Foam again->2 bucket wash->Rinse again->tarminator+iron x->Foam->wash->Rinse->Clay...

The reason I use tarminator and ironx together because this way the ironx has more time to work on the service without drying because tarminator does not dry up easy. so it gives the ironx much longer time to work (you know ironx is expensive... so I want more time to make it worth the money)

I am pretty sure if you use both ironx and tarminator before clay, your clay bar or clay skin would work so much better and you will really feel the skin is really worth it.

Caution, need to foam clean the surface before clay pad. because tarminator will just kill the clay pad in 1 second. I lost one as someone told me here it would be fine but turned out to be not fine. $50 was gone.... but i did use the clay pad for more than 10 times, so it was not too bad.

yeah, the steps might be more than usual, but I did make sure I will make the pad last so much longer. btw, the pad can't be cleaned at all, so the less contamination it picked up, the longer it last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackychai View Post
    Have not been on this forum for so long... Hello guys.
    I believe that there are a lots of contamination on the paint that's why you have that rough feeling.
    I think something is missing. Did you forgot to remove tar or tree saps of bug liquid? I use tarminator, works so perfect for me.

This is my sequence if I have to do clay process:
    Foam->Rinse->Foam again->2 bucket wash->Rinse again->tarminator+iron x->Foam->wash->Rinse->Clay...

The reason I use tarminator and ironx together because this way the ironx has more time to work on the service without drying because tarminator does not dry up easy. so it gives the ironx much longer time to work (you know ironx is expensive... so I want more time to make it worth the money)

I am pretty sure if you use both ironx and tarminator before clay, your clay bar or clay skin would work so much better and you will really feel the skin is really worth it.

Caution, need to foam clean the surface before clay pad. because tarminator will just kill the clay pad in 1 second. I lost one as someone told me here it would be fine but turned out to be not fine. $50 was gone.... but i did use the clay pad for more than 10 times, so it was not too bad.

yeah, the steps might be more than usual, but I did make sure I will make the pad last so much longer. btw, the pad can't be cleaned at all, so the less contamination it picked up, the longer it last.

And when i say it can't be clean I mean it, you might rinse it with water and seems that is clean but in the long run there are stuff stuck on the pad and can't be clean, at that point you know you need to use a new pad, it should be around 30 times usage before you notice there is a problem with the pad. I am not here to sell products so I would say it is more fragile than most people think the pad is.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you wash your mitts? Do you only use the clay side and then the micro side for lube or as your regular sponge?

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue and found a good solution if you have a foam gun. I have a hose style foam gun, not a pressure washer version. Normal wash, but do not dry. Foam the whole car and go around with the Nanoskin. The soap/water combo was much more effective than spot lubricating as you go. I don't always use the foam gun for washing, but when using the Nanoskin it's the way to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123