autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you recommend to friends for car care?

Most people kinda laugh when i ask them about drying after they wash. Its foreign to them to even dry, so all hope is lost.

Post Thanks / Like

What angers me the most is friends or people in general who dont do required steps or just do it any way they want and then complain when the results are bad or its too expensive to hire someone who is reputable.

Most would drop thousands on a contractor,plumber,electrician,hvac,etc. However, not on a car oriented person
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

That's what happens when a lot of your friends aren't really car people. It's just point A to point B for most of my friends.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Generally I recommend people find some Meguiar's Ultimate products. Then any Meguiar's if there isnt an Ultimate version available. OTC they are all fine.

I dont have tons of people asking me really and the ones who do just want to get the job done and not spend 3 hours on their cars like I do.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm dealing with a non-car guy, and you'll know who they are within one minute, I tell them to : get a bunch of Microfiber towels (I don't tell them any brands 'cause they aren't going on-line to buy them, they're going to the first El Cheapo store they see) and a bottle of Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash.

Take your car to the nearest car wash with the high pressure wand; use the RINSE setting and get the bulk of the crap off of your auto. Drive the car home, by the time you get home your car should be dry enough to got right to the Pinnacle. Hopefully this is easy enough that they will do it.

I tell them this is the method I use in between any more serious work. We are in a drought condition right now and are unable to use any external water for washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pitt1717 View Post
    So I have a question....So I just took delivery of a 2017 Explorer sport and like any dealer "detail" (cough) it is horrible. I need to clean the hell out of this thing. The color is called smoke quartz which is a smokey black almost gun metal color with a flake.

I have been using zaino for years and think it does well. And I plan to dawn, clay, and wash to get to paint as I have done on my past 3 vehicles. But I need some advice

I want to start fresh and get some:

Brushes - thinking of the woolies
    Towels - not sure what to get but want MF WW for drying and detailing
    Wheel cleaner - Sonax wheel cleaner full effect
    Wheel polish/protectant - ????????
    Something to take the swirls out of the A and B-Pillars - ??????
    Maybe even a good window polish/protectant - ????????

Can anyone give some advice for what I`m looking for... not looking to break the bank but want to make the truck stand out.

Thanks, and by the way, i admire the work you fellas do and don't think your glorified car washers. Those people don't realize or understand that the work you do can take a flawed paint job and make it almost perfect. I wish I had the courage to try my hand at working a machine on my paint
    Vinnie

Make your own thread for this. Zaino I think requires dawn for some odd reason but note that dawn does not strip wax.
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pitt1717 View Post
    So I have a question....So I just took delivery of a 2017 Explorer sport and like any dealer "detail" (cough) it is horrible. I need to clean the hell out of this thing. The color is called smoke quartz which is a smokey black almost gun metal color with a flake.

I have been using zaino for years and think it does well. And I plan to dawn, clay, and wash to get to paint as I have done on my past 3 vehicles. But I need some advice

I want to start fresh and get some:

Brushes - thinking of the woolies
    Towels - not sure what to get but want MF WW for drying and detailing
    Wheel cleaner - Sonax wheel cleaner full effect
    Wheel polish/protectant - ????????
    Something to take the swirls out of the A and B-Pillars - ??????
    Maybe even a good window polish/protectant - ????????

Can anyone give some advice for what I`m looking for... not looking to break the bank but want to make the truck stand out.

Thanks, and by the way, i admire the work you fellas do and don't think your glorified car washers. Those people don't realize or understand that the work you do can take a flawed paint job and make it almost perfect. I wish I had the courage to try my hand at working a machine on my paint
    Vinnie

Make your own thread for this. Zaino I think requires dawn for some odd reason but note that dawn does not strip wax.
    Bill 1234

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123