autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing questions

Quote Originally Posted by precisionmobile85 View Post
    The more detail you add the more precise the info would be. I obv charge relatives, friends and friends of the family different than some person I don't know from a hole in the wall....that info would be a good start
    Its just for a family friend and its a hammered suv. I was thinking about charging 250 for a full detail with no correction
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing questions

A vehicle this size I would charge $200 - $300, and that's for just your basic Full detail... Wash,clay, and machine wax job on the exterior and then a full interior detail. With just that your looking at about 4 hours of work min.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what im looking at. The car is hammered and ive recieved pics of wheels and a front scrape. A detail like this in my area would cost around 300 to 350 wo paint correction. Im thinking since they are friends that 250 while gaining some experience is good enough. They said theyd do 250 but its still some time till I do the work
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post
    A vehicle this size I would charge $200 - $300, and that's for just your basic Full detail... Wash,clay, and machine wax job on the exterior and then a full interior detail. With just that your looking at about 4 hours of work min.
    Yes -just about as big as a navigator. I was thinking roughly 6 hours of work
    Bill 1234

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

After being offline for about a week on vacation, I return to work to find this thread reported.

After reading through it - I'd say Bill you asked a fair question and received numerous helpful answers. My advice is keep it simple. Figure out how much profit it will take to make you happy you exchanged a portion of your life to make someone's car look better.

If you invest 6 hours of your life and you will be "happy" with $ blank amount of money the tell the guy that's your price and either make the deal or don't.

In Renny Doyle's book on how to start a detailing business I was asked to provide some content on three topics. One of the topics was if I could go back in time and do it all lover again what would I change? I stated that I would learn the art of cherry picking, that I would learn how to turn down unprofitable work and as I like to say,

"Let someone else have the blessing"

And concentrate on profitable work and work I like to do. To me, to buff out this large SUV it sounds like a LOT of work for only a little money.

I'd pass on it.

To everyone that posted help - thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Just to chime in...

After being offline for about a week on vacation, I return to work to find this thread reported.

After reading through it - I'd say Bill you asked a fair question and received numerous helpful answers. My advice is keep it simple. Figure out how much profit it will take to make you happy you exchanged a portion of your life to make someone's car look better.

If you invest 6 hours of your life and you will be "happy" with $ blank amount of money the tell the guy that's your price and either make the deal or don't.

In Renny Doyle's book on how to start a detailing business I was asked to provide some content on three topics. One of the topics was if I could go back in time and do it all lover again what would I change? I stated that I would learn the art of cherry picking, that I would learn how to turn down unprofitable work and as I like to say,

"Let someone else have the blessing"

And concentrate on profitable work and work I like to do. To me, to buff out this large SUV it sounds like a LOT of work for only a little money.

I'd pass on it.

To everyone that posted help - thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions.

To me mike its profitable but its how much. Also-if people didnt have anything nice to say -dont say it I guess
    Bill 1234

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post

To me mike its profitable but its how much.
    The amount of profit to make a person happy will be different for everyone. If the amount of profit from the price you quoted for this project meets your criteria go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post

Also-if people didnt have anything nice to say -dont say it I guess

And this is both true and keeping with our forum rules.

Forum Rules

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.

I'm going to end my participation in this thread by simply stating to me it looks like a lot of good suggestions were provided.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345