autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What sealant/wax has gotten you the longest protection (except coatings)

Ultimate Paint Guard Plus. Two years on a garage kept daily driver.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Winter protection, when longevity and durability are most important... Sonax PNS and BSD. In the summer, I like to experiment a bit and my current flavor is Blackfire wet diamond, Natty's Red and Blackfire spray wax as topper and "recharge" after weekly washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ev_g35 View Post
    How would you compare the bsd to d156. That is what I currently use, would it be worth the swap? Only reason I ask is my gallon of d156 is almost gone
    I've only used BSD once and I've used Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax, which is very similar to 156...so this may not be a perfectly accurate comparison, but here are my thoughts.

I found BSD to be much thicker to UQW. Both spread easily and both leave a really nice, rich, deep, looking shine. The consistency would drive me to use the products in different ways. I used UQW as both a drying aid and a post-wash touch up. However, since BSD is thicker I don't see it being very useful as a drying aid. I'd still use it as a "booster" product, but would dry the vehicle first.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've only used BSD once and I've used Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax, which is very similar to 156...so this may not be a perfectly accurate comparison, but here are my thoughts.

I found BSD to be much thicker to UQW. Both spread easily and both leave a really nice, rich, deep, looking shine. The consistency would drive me to use the products in different ways. I used UQW as both a drying aid and a post-wash touch up. However, since BSD is thicker I don't see it being very useful as a drying aid. I'd still use it as a "booster" product, but would dry the vehicle first.
    Agree 100%. UQW is great as a drying aid. In my experience, it has not lasted as long as BSD, but I'm using strength of beading as my indicator and we all know the inherent flaws with that....who knows, it may last as long. I have a bottle of BSD mixed 50-50 with V7 and it works well. I haven't a decrease in longevity and its an easier application. The V7 adds a little POP, for lack of a better term.

Post Thanks / Like

D156 hands down. Can be applied in the sun! And looks/smells amazing
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    D156 hands down. Can be applied in the sun! And looks/smells amazing
    Gonna step out on a ledge and propose that D156, while a great product, is probably one of the shortest lasting LSPs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Gonna step out on a ledge and propose that D156, while a great product, is probably one of the shortest lasting LSPs.
    Is 156 or it's cousin, UQW even considered an LSP? Yes, it's a "spray wax", but I don't think I'd ever classify it or competitors like Aquawax, Blackfire Polymer Spray, Sonus Glanz, or even Sonax BSD that way. I think they are boosters at best and short term beauty products at worst. They have their place, but I wouldn't rely on them as my vehicle's only source of protection.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Was meant for a reply for the above poster.
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Z2/ZFX, DG 111/601, DG 105/601, 845 and NXT. In that order. Z2 is still the most durable sealant I've tested by a good margin.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know something boyz and girlsies? With such improvements in what i use as a "QD" product after my washes anymore and several different LSP's (sealants only) I don't know. I have been trying to empty a bottle of BFWD lately and it pops for longer than it might normally because of Pinn Crystal Mist, the Wolfgang version or FK425.

I will add that Collinite 845 has impressed me immensely on a black, FL owned, driven and stored daily driver.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast