autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will rinseless washing more than 1-2x a week cause too much damage?

Lol that's what I need to start doing. Washing in the dark. Maybe I'll have less stress in my life

Post Thanks / Like

If your car has a good wax or sealant on it you are hard pressed inducing scratches and swirls using ONR. I stepped it up a notch and use ONRW&S which leaves a really nice shine. I wash at least 3 times a week (in summer-in Canada) and car looks great for DD. On another note I have started using a California Duster every dry day and so far no problems (construction around workplace causing severe dusting). I guess the bottom line is if you have proper protection (which I spend a lot of time maintaining) then ONR or ONRW&S will not harm your white paint if applied daily.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

The good wax coating is part of what's slowing me down. I just got a get-me-by coat (no correction first) on my wife's Q5 so I'll be able to do her car. My car is stuck in purgatory where it needs a full service before I'll go Rinseless with it.

I picked up Wolfgang Uber Rinseless and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax as it seemed the more apples to apples comparison (vs plain ONR). I've got a stack of the buff and shine grey/blue Rinseless towels, the Autogeek Rinseless microfiber mitt, the Griot's microfiber mit, and a stack of the black micros for wheels/jams. I've been planning on going single bucket/single towel use approach while I get used to the process.

Marc's Mobile- do I understand that while you recommend the stack-o-towels approach for safety, you've had fine luck doing single bucket/repeat use ONR washes?

Thanks for all the input!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Marc's Mobile- do I understand that while you recommend the stack-o-towels approach for safety, you've had fine luck doing single bucket/repeat use ONR washes?
    I noticed while watching you tube videos, that the experienced pros who have been doing rinseless washes for YEARS (scottwax, Ivan Lacroix, & Darren Green come to mind) seem to use one bucket, one wash mitt or sponge, and go fast / aren't all that careful, it appears. That could mean that 1) their technique is just really good, 2) they are less concerned about scratches since they're planning to polish/correct anyway, or 3) rinseless washes are just much more safe than we realize.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe92us View Post
    rinseless washes are just much more safe than we realize.
    ^^ this.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Will washing my car too often damage it?
    Just exactly how often should I wash my car?

IMO:
    It's kinda like performing a balancing act:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote from oneheadlite - ---Marc's Mobile- do I understand that while you recommend the stack-o-towels approach for safety, you've had fine luck doing single bucket/repeat use ONR washes?

I recommend the multiple towel method (GDWM) to anyone who wants to do a Rinseless Wash because I know it's the safest way since the wash solution never gets contaminated. I am not that worried about my daily drivers so i just usually use one bucket with ONR (which is recommended by Optimum) with an Autogeek Rinseless Wash Mitt or a Big Red Sponge with no problems. This way I avoid laundry and keep from getting my nice towels dirty

http://www.autogeek.net/rinseless-wash-mitt.html

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-big-...sh-sponge.html

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed while watching you tube videos, that the experienced pros who have been doing rinseless washes for YEARS (scottwax, Ivan Lacroix, & Darren Green come to mind) seem to use one bucket, one wash mitt or sponge, and go fast / aren't all that careful, it appears. That could mean that 1) their technique is just really good, 2) they are less concerned about scratches since they're planning to polish/correct anyway, or 3) rinseless washes are just much more safe than we realize.
    When I first started detailing, my buddy started his own business and took some class in California that cost about $2500. Not sure who's it was, but must have been someone decent for that amount of money. He taught me what he learned from that class and I worked for him for awhile. We used a waterless wash with a Boss sprayer, and we flew around cars with it. With two of us, we would literally get a car wiped down in under 5 minutes. Didn't even bother drying it, but it wouldn't be that wet to begin with, but left all kinds of streaks. Then go at it with clay bars, and that was our drying/streak removal process as we wiped up as we clayed. Any other stray streaks were completely wiped out during polishing. If we weren't going to clay and polish then it was just a quick wipe down with a spray detailer before applying wax. I see a lot of people doing full washes, which is probably the best way, but I don't bother with it even on my own vehicles. I'll break out the hose or stop by a self serve car wash to knock off heavy dirt if I have to just to conserve towels sometimes, but that's about it.

But yeah, on the waterless wash part, we just fly through it flipping the towel over as we go.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you watched the video of the black c class benz. One bucket, one gallon, one towel, a million swirls, so yes hes not concerned about swirls. I use a ton of product, a lot of towels and its a daily driver that looks pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will rinseless washing more than 1-2x a week cause too much damage?-1466676511993-jpg   Will rinseless washing more than 1-2x a week cause too much damage?-1466676564250-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Have you watched the video of the black c class benz. One bucket, one gallon, one towel, a million swirls, so yes hes not concerned about swirls. I use a ton of product, a lot of towels and its a daily driver that looks pretty good
    And this is why I was asking here (where I know standards tend to be higher, at least as far as I've seen). I think it was a Garry Dean video I watched when I was first trying to figure what the GDWM so many refer to was - he said flat out he wasn't that worried about marking the paint.

I understand that anytime you interact with your paint you run the risk of knocking some of the perfect off it, but with time at a premium I'd just like to set up for success as much as possible. I'll stick with the multiple towel/media approach until I get the hang of it and maybe play with other methods when it's closer to my next correction/LSP coat.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast