autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help Before I Start My Polishing Process

Quote Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
    Also with 105 it can be dusty so mask the rubber and plastic trim and also tape off the window seal. I like to mist the pad every panel with distilled water to minimize dust
    Does a detail spray work?

Post Thanks / Like

It should. Just something to get a little moisture on the pad is good.

You will want to test what you have either way. If you can do orange pad and 205 and get your desired results on a small spot by all means try that on the whole car. Without seeing it I can only really speculate on what a good approach would be.

The obvious easiest option is to have multiple products and tons of pads to try with, but for your personal use there is no reason you shouldn't be able to make some magic with the gear and products you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    And one more question, obviously polishing will remove old wax correct.
    Absolutely! Remember just have fun! Everyone here has some very sound advice, however, it may confuse you. Just have fun, learn YOUR style and technique and then worry about different products in the future. What you have is fine. If you are worried about dusting which ALL compound/Polish products do in some form or another, just spritz your pad with a QD or even a RW solution. Priming the pad helps and an occasional spritzing the pad should do the trick.

But as I said before HAVE FUN and show pics when you are done!! Do not think too much into this process and do not worry, YOU WILL DO FINE!!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

You will want to test what you have either way. If you can do orange pad and 205 and get your desired results on a small spot by all means try that on the whole car. Without seeing it I can only really speculate on what a good approach would be.

The obvious easiest option is to have multiple products and tons of pads to try with, but for your personal use there is no reason you shouldn't be able to make some magic with the gear and products you have.
    If i can get away with 205 on an orange pad will I then want to use something to thin it out more and finish off the appearance like a PO85RD? or should I do something like Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 which is a mixture of a glaze and polish. I think I like the idea of having my glaze and polishes separate so I know I am not covering anything up.

Post Thanks / Like

M205 with orange pad or white should finish out really well on VW paint. Try with orange. If you have any haze or anything just do one more step with a white pad and m205

Post Thanks / Like

M205 with orange pad or white should finish out really well on VW paint. Try with orange. If you have any haze or anything just do one more step with a white pad and m205
    I just ordered the Menzerna 85rd to use as a finishing polish If the 205 doesn't finish how I like. Something good to have in my arsenal even if I don't use it.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think about the finishing glaze? Better or worse then 85rd or 205?

Post Thanks / Like

Also could I go from m205 on orange to 85rd on a black pad or will it not have enough cutting power to finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    What do you think about the finishing glaze? Better or worse then 85rd or 205?
    Forget the Finishing Glaze after you polish. It is not needed. You ride should look awesome after the polish stage. A glaze is just a filler to hide scratch makrs. Since you don't have any your ready to rock with your LSP. Save yourself some elbow grease and skip the glaze after a polish. But DO NOT skip the LSP whether that be a sealant, wax or both.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Forget the Finishing Glaze after you polish. It is not needed. You ride should look awesome after the polish stage. A glaze is just a filler to hide scratch makrs. Since you don't have any your ready to rock with your LSP. Save yourself some elbow grease and skip the glaze after a polish. But DO NOT skip the LSP whether that be a sealant, wax or both.
    Yeah I decided against the finishing glaze.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast