autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Uber coating play well with Essence

I'll be coating my car with Uber in the next few weeks. I have a bottle of Carpro Essence that I'd like to use up also. Can I top Essence with Wolfgang Uber coating the same way I'd do with CQUK ie without doing a chemical wipedown before coating? My paint is soft and in the past have caused marring when wiped with eraser or ipa.

I also bought some Solution Finish for the ext trim. Currently, the trim has PERL on it and I can't clean it off. I've tried everything including 99% ipa. All that happens when i wipe it is it leaves a wipe residue. Will the Solution Finish adhere with whatever perl is left?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Uber coating play well with Essence

To answer your first question, I did a very light wipedown after Essence and applied Uber on top of it and there did not seem to be a problem. In theory you should be able to top Essence with Uber without problems.

I am surprised you are having issues with removing Perl. I beleive it is water based, and in my experience, has very poor durability. So maybe just give it some time to wash and wear off.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased Solution Finish 2-3 years ago; not pleased with it and probably the worst product I ever purchased on AGO. Certainly not AGO's fault.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    To answer your first question, I did a very light wipedown after Essence and applied Uber on top of it and there did not seem to be a problem. In theory you should be able to top Essence with Uber without problems.
    Optimum has stated that they consider Essence to be a contaminant that is incompatible with their coatings (my words)--this may only apply to Opti-Coat and not to Gloss-Coat. So at least some coating mfrs. would disagree with your "In theory..." Nick would have to chime in about this instance, unless he has elsewhere and I'm sounding like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I am surprised you are having issues with removing Perl. I beleive it is water based, and in my experience, has very poor durability. So maybe just give it some time to wash and wear off.
    I haven't used PERL (I have a sample bottle of it that is waiting for...well I dunno why I haven't tried it), but it's supposed to have some SiO2 in it...which makes it kind of a coating-dressing...or something like that.