autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mid Week Detailing

Sorry this will be a long post but I want to accurately describe my situation .

I love keeping my truck clean and detailed as I'm sure most of us on here do. I work a lot during the week and as much as I would love to wash my truck mid-week I just do not have the time. Either on Saturday or Sunday I do a full interior and exterior detail.I drive 50-80 miles per day so by the time mid-week rolls around I wanting to clean my truck again. I traditionally use Meguiar's products and have been for years. I occasionally use Mother's for specialty things like leather/metal. When mid-week rolls around I usually take 30 minutes or so of my lunch break and run to the local self service wash bay which is very clean and well kept. I use the spot-free high pressure to rinse the wheel wells, wheels/tires, running boards, bottom portions of the vehicle, and tailgate. I then drive back allowing the water to sling off the tires and the wind usually blows 90% of the water off the portions of the vehicle sprayed due to the wax/sealant. I follow up with some spray tire dressing and a microfiber towel and Griot's Speed Shine on the wheels. I use a separate microfiber towel and the Griot's Speed Shine on the rest of the vehicle. I apply the SS directly to the panel and use the microfiber towel folded and in a left-right pattern to remove product and debris. I then flip the towel and dry the panel. Once I do the entire vehicle this way I buff the entire vehicle lightly with another clean dry microfiber.

If a full wash/detail brings the vehicle to 100%, I feel this process brings it back to about 75-80% in about 30 minutes or so which I find respectable considering the resources and time I have.

I have never been a big fan of even touching my paint work prior to a water wash with a highly lubricious shampoo in fear of scratching/swirling the paint. I have started going out on a limb with this process.

I have compared a few quick detail sprays/waxes and although I stick with the Meg's after my washes I thought the Griot's Speed Shine was much more lubricious for the waterless situation and has some protective qualities.

What does everyone think about this is there another product I should try that would be better for this situation.

The vehicle is white so I know it's good at hiding defects but so far I don't see that I have created any in this process.

Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mid Week Detailing

That sounds like a decent plan to me. The only thing I would suggest it to get a diluteable waterless or rinseless wash product since you will be using it frequently.

I have not tried Wolgang Uber Rinseless as a detail spray, but have heard good things about it. It's very slick as a rinseless.

Link: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Detail Spray Review

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless and its amazing , depending on the dilution ratio I can make a rinseless wash , clay lube or a quick detailer for quick touch ups, bird bombs etc. I couldn't be happier. When I use it as a rinseless wash takes me 45 mins to wash my truck and it looks like I spent all day. Would definitely buy again!
    2016 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD PACKAGE

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I'd save the time spent going to the wash bay to do a pressure rinse and instead carry a 5 gallon bucket w/Gamma Seal Lid filled with 3 gallons of Meguiars D114 RinseFree Express Wash and about 15-20 neatly folded microfiber towels ready to go whenever you're ready to wash your truck at your convenience, even on your lunchbreak.

You'll soon realize there's really nothing to fear by using this method, even on a dirty vehicle. Simply have a spray bottle of the same solution for a quik pre spray of the panel and have at it.. Also, instead of using the other side of the same microfiber towel for drying, switch to a dedicated waffle weave towel for drying and leave the regular microfibers soaked in the rinseless bucket for the washing part.

Spray your wheels & tires clean at home. Spray dressing on them at night and they'll be ready when you are the next morning.

D114 Rinseless Wash is way safer than Any quik detailer spray. You'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

30 Meguiars Supreme Shine Towels in 3 gallons of D114. Mid Week Detailing-imageuploadedbyagonline1461883744-485703-jpg

This is as convenient as it gets.
    Mid Week Detailing-imageuploadedbyagonline1461883869-429440-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I just did an uber waterless wash yesterday and it worked really well. Mixed up some detail spray with it today with the recommended dilution ratio-- holy cow is it glossy! I'm loving it.

I bought one of these pump spray bottles: Wolfgang Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pressurized spray bottle, pump sprayer

It holds about 40 ounces of waterless wash that you mix up with the uber concentrate. Nice to carry along with you wherever you go if you want to. A very cost effective solution.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as rinseless product goes, I solely use Meg's D114. 1:128 dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Eldorado2K's advice in post #4 and you will be golden!

Meg's D114 or Wolfgang Uber Rinseless are both awesome. Can't go wrong with either one!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    30 Meguiars Supreme Shine Towels in 3 gallons of D114. Mid Week Detailing-imageuploadedbyagonline1461883744-485703-jpg

This is as convenient as it gets.
    Mid Week Detailing-imageuploadedbyagonline1461883869-429440-jpg
    30? Do you leave them in there like that for a couple three weeks or is that your use as a professional detailer when you go out to customers? Only asking as I can do my entire car with 4-6 MF Towels.

I think I know my answer but am curious. haha!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts, please keep them coming. I think I am going to start by trying WG Uber Rinse-less due to being able to get it in a smaller cost effective size to try. If I don't like it I can always go ahead and buy the gallon of D114 or D115.

I think I will mix up a solution to have in a spray bottle to mist the surface with prior to wiping with the MF towel and rinse less solution.

Should my spray bottle dilution ratio remain the same as my bucket ratio it should I mix the spray bottle at more of a quick detail ratio?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast