autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze With Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion And Collinite 845

I own a Volkswagen Vento - White and have just started off with the detailing process, it is 2 years old.
    I am a noob am have just started going through threads and getting to learn to detail my car the right way.

I have the below products available with me currently.
    1. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
    2. Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
    3. Meguiars Nxt Tech Paste 2.0
    4. Collinite 845.

First of all i have two questions.
    1. Can the wolfgang finishing glaze be topped up after using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion ?
    I see some people say that the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion also has a polish in it . And also that the wolfgang finishing glaze is not actually a glaze but a polish. So is it right to apply the wolfgang finishing glaze over the pinnacle paint cleansing solution.

2. The waxes, both the meguiars tech wax 2.0 and the collinite 845 are waxes.
    I thought of applying the collinite 845 and later top up with meguiars tech wax paste 2.0. Will this affect the durability of the collinite?
    Or should i just use the collinite wax alone, and not use meguiars tech wax paste 2.0 on top of it.?

Also how frequently should the waxes be used.?
    During every wash should we apply pinnacle paintwork cleansing solution, followed by wolfgang and then the waxes, or could we top up with waxes for a couple of times and after like 10 washes we can start with the process from first.

Another final question on the collinite 845, and pinnacle paint work cleansing lotion.
    Can both of them be used on the head lights?
    Use pinnacle paint work cleansing lotion on the head light followed by the wolfgang glaze and then the collinite 845.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Finishing Glaze With Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion And Collinite 845

There's no need to use both Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

If you're looking to do a light polish and protect then I'd recommend just using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze then Collinite 845. No need for Meguiar's NXT Tech Paste 2.0 unless you really want to then I'd put that on after Collinite 845.

Waxes typically last 4-8 weeks. There's no need to re-apply Pinnacle/Wolfgang/Collinite after each wash. I'd re-apply every 4-8 weeks depending on where you live and weather conditions.

Yes, you can use the polish to lightly polish the headlights if needed and collinite to protect it. Same applies here. Use either Pinnacle or Wolfgang followed by Collinite 845.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Finishing Glaze With Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion And Collinite 845

Quote Originally Posted by apthai View Post
    There's no need to use both Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

If you're looking to do a light polish and protect then I'd recommend just using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze then Collinite 845. No need for Meguiar's NXT Tech Paste 2.0 unless you really want to then I'd put that on after Collinite 845.

Waxes typically last 4-8 weeks. There's no need to re-apply Pinnacle/Wolfgang/Collinite after each wash. I'd re-apply every 4-8 weeks depending on where you live and weather conditions.

Yes, you can use the polish to lightly polish the headlights if needed and collinite to protect it. Same applies here. Use either Pinnacle or Wolfgang followed by Collinite 845.
    Can you also please confirm that the Wolfgang finishing glaze is actually a polish and not a glaze?
    If it is a glaze it can be applied over the pinnacle paint work cleansing solution, is my assumption.
    But i keep getting confused with the terminologies the companies you.

Which among both will be the better one; if both are polishes and the wolfgang is not a glaze.
    Thanks for your time in helping me out with my queries.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it simple wash clay collinite ,the car is white no need for paint cleanse maybe give it a light polish before collinite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apthai View Post

I can't speak for some of the products being discussed, but if you're applying Collinite 845 every 4~8 weeks, that is serious overkill. A well applied, single coat will last six months easily.

To answer one of the OP's original questions: yes, you can apply 845 to headlights. I apply it to my headlights, taillights, and foglights.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I can't speak for some of the products being discussed, but if you're applying Collinite 845 every 4~8 weeks, that is serious overkill. A well applied, single coat will last six months easily.

To answer one of the OP's original questions: yes, you can apply 845 to headlights. I apply it to my headlights, taillights, and foglights.
    I still need answers to the below wondering if you might be able to help?
    Can you also please confirm that the Wolfgang finishing glaze is actually a polish and not a glaze?
    If it is a glaze it can be applied over the pinnacle paint work cleansing solution, is my assumption, followed by collinite 845.
    But i keep getting confused with the terminologies the companies use.

Which among both will be the better one; if both are polishes and the wolfgang is not a glaze.
    Also tops ups of collinite 845 with Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 wont be a problem right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpasanthosh View Post
    I still need answers to the below wondering if you might be able to help?
    If it is a glaze it can be applied over the pinnacle paint work cleansing solution, is my assumption, followed by collinite 845.
    But i keep getting confused with the terminologies the companies use.

Also tops ups of collinite 845 with Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 wont be a problem right?

Yes, Wolfgang finishing glaze is actually a polish. Use it and follow with 845. No need for the paint cleansing lotion at all. I also don't see the need to top 845 with the tech wax, but you can try if you want. As stated before, you can get 6 month durability from 845. You could always do another coat of 845 3-4 months down the road if desired.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, Wolfgang finishing polish, polising glaze, machine glaze

Posting close-up pictures of your car in the Sun will be helpful for Forum Members who would like to give advice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    You could always do another coat of 845 3-4 months down the road if desired.
    Doing that would probably give you nearly a year of protection. Not a bad way to go.

In the spring/summer when I frequently wash the car, I'll do a touch up with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax every second/third wash. The product compliments 845 very well and always results in that newly waxed look.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    Yes, Wolfgang finishing glaze is actually a polish. Use it and follow with 845. No need for the paint cleansing lotion at all. I also don't see the need to top 845 with the tech wax, but you can try if you want. As stated before, you can get 6 month durability from 845. You could always do another coat of 845 3-4 months down the road if desired.
    Pinnacle Paint work cleansing solution is also a polish right?
    Apart from the cleansing work it does , it should also polish the surface of the paint?
    Which among both would be the better one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast