autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule for 2016

Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule for 2016

Been hyper busy with teaching this weekend's latest Competition Ready 3-day detailing class and just now getting behind my computer, (Monday morning), and I did a quick search and found out that Kevin Halewood and the people at Mobile Tech Expo have posted the class schedule for this year's Mobil Tech Expo classes.

8:15a-9:15a Curacao 5 & 6
    1: How to Make Money with Exterior Car Detailing

Mike Phillips, author of How to use the Flex 3401 for both production detailing and show car detailing, will show you how to turn the Flex 3401 gear-driven, forced rotation and forced oscillation dual action orbital polisher into your own money making machine. Mike will share how to use the Flex 3401 to do both production detailing and show car detailing. Learn to detail faster without leaving holograms or swirls in the paint and without the risk of burning through the paint. You’ll also learn how to optimize the Flex 3401 for buffing thin panels and tight areas.

There are a lot of tool options on the market for making money by detailing cars, each type or category of tool has its strong points and its weak points. The most versatile tool on the market is the German engineered and manufactured Flex 3401 gear-drive, forced rotation and forced oscillation dual action orbital polisher. You’ll also learn how to mechanically decontaminate paint using Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads for smoother paint and high glass than you can get from using only detailing clay.

If you’re serious about owning a successful detailing business then attend this class.

By Mike Phillips, Autogeek

9:30a-10:30a Curacao 5 & 6
    2: Fast, Easy Spot Repair Using a 3” Mini Sander/Polisher

The Griot’s Garage Mini Polisher is the handiest tool when it comes to machine sanding to remove isolated defects while reducing your total working footprint to a minimum. Using 3M Trizact or Meguiar’s Unigrit 3” sanding discs, Mike Phillips will show you how to turn your Griot’s 3” Mini Polisher into a 3” Mini Sander to quickly remove isolated defects and then polish out to a high gloss, customer pleasing finish.

12:00p-1:00p Curacao 5 & 6
    3: Reduce Correction Time with a Rotary Buffer to Make More Money

Mike Phillips, the author of The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine and How to Detail Boats using Marine 31, has decades of experience using rotary buffers to buff out anything on wheels or on the water. The rotary buffer is without a doubt, the most powerful tool there is for machine correcting and polishing cars, trucks, boats and motorhomes. It’s the tool of choice for removing sanding marks after wet sanding an entire car or simply an isolated repair. In FACT, the rotary buffer is the fastest way to remove ANY type of paint defect. Period.

The compounding or correction step takes the longest amount of time for any detail project. Learn the secrets of how to reduce your time doing the correction step by using a rotary buffer. Then learn secrets to always leaving a 100% swirl free finish guaranteed. Mike will show you how to become one with the buffer to make it a natural extension of yourself and to make using a rotary buffer easier on you and safer for any detailing project.

1:30p-2:30p Curacao 5 & 6
    4: How to do Fast Spot Repairs After PDR or Correct and Polish Thin Panels and Tight Areas

The brand new Flex PE8 Kompact Rotary Polisher is a lightweight, compact Spot Repair Polisher. It’s designed to be used with 4” pads or smaller and this makes it perfect for doing fast spot repairs after removing dents or using it for correcting and polishing thin panels or tight areas.

Learn how to quickly clean-up the paint surrounding the damaged area fast with a single tool that won’t tire you out. You’ll also learn how to use the Flex PE8 Kompact Rotary Buffer with the right pad and an extension or two makes buffing out tight areas a cinch. The compact size and lightweight features enable you to do meticulous buffing with surgical precision.

3:00p-4:00p Curacao 5 & 6
    5: Profitable High Quality Production Detailing Using A One-Step Cleaner/Wax

Are you new to detailing? Do you want to start making money detailing cars the easy way? Would you like to offer higher quality results that beats your competition at a higher profit point for you? Mike Phillips, the author of The Rupes BigFoot Paint Polishing System For Both Production Detailing and Show Car Detailing will show you how to avoid all the mistakes the competition makes while keeping your system simple, fast and most important – profitable.

Learn how to use the RUPES BigFoot 15 and BigFoot 21 orbital polishers to do safe, high quality production detailing the right way to build a profitable customer base of return customers as well as a steady stream of referrals from their friends via word-of-mouth advertising.

4:15p-5:15p Curacao 5 & 6
    6: Wet Sanding Techniques by Hand and Machine

Wet sanding by hand or machine requires a high level of skill and experience to do it correctly without making a mistake. In this class, Mike Phillips, the Director of Training for Autogeek.com will share the correct techniques for sanding to remove orange peel and other topical defects while reducing tracers. After demonstrating hand sanding techniques Mike will show you how to turn any dual action polisher into a machine damp sander to make wet sanding faster and safer while making it easier to remove 100% of your sanding marks. After sanding, Mike will show how to use ANY dual action polisher or rotary buffer to remove the sanding marks and polish to a high gloss.

The Autogeek booth will be TWICE the size it has been in the past and we'll be stocking the largest collection of tools, products and pads than ever before.

I'm sad to say I will only be at Mobile Tech on Thursday this year for my classes as Friday morning I'll be flying out to Arizona to prep a barn find project car for the Russo & Steele Auction for Competition Ready on Velocity.

See you all there!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule for 2016

Thanks for the reminder Mike! I plan to attend several of your classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could make that but I still have two more weeks before I get back to the states.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys are going to have another jam packed weekend.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post

Thanks for the reminder Mike! I plan to attend several of your classes.

Make sure to introduce yourself as I like to put a face to an Avatar...

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait! MTE is always a great show!

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Only a few days away!

@Mike - Introducing myself wouldn't really help associate my name with my non-existent avatar! Let's just say that we (well, sister) met you last year - with the couple that traveled all the way from Germany to see you & Detailfest!

See ya'll here in O-town in 2 days!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS View Post

Only a few days away!

@Mike - Introducing myself wouldn't really help associate my name with my non-existent avatar! Let's just say that we (well, sister) met you last year - with the couple that traveled all the way from Germany to see you & Detailfest!

See ya'll here in O-town in 2 days!

That just means we need to get you an Avatar!

Let's get an Avatar picture at Mobile Tech Expo...

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Team Autogeek is leaving for Orlando today and this year Yancy will be filming my classes and other parts of Mobile Tech for our Roku Channel.

Pulling out of the Geek now!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

We arrived safe and sound despite the torrential rain and crazy drivers during the rush to get home traffic.

Set-up for the Autogeek booth starts at 7:00am and my first class starts at 8:15am and then successive classes the rest of the day in the same room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast