autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I remove a clear bra?

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer325! View Post
    unhook it from the back????

LOL!

Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I removed them all the time because I also install them. Just peel it from the edge, go slow, and pull.....It is easy...Sometime there will be adhesive left behide....but it is easy to remove.....I used my bug and tar remover and bug block and just scrub......Warning.....If the car got painted and clear bra is just install after that....it will remove the paint too.....but other than that...it is super easy..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southbeach View Post
    I removed them all the time because I also install them. Just peel it from the edge, go slow, and pull.....It is easy...Sometime there will be adhesive left behide....but it is easy to remove.....I used my bug and tar remover and bug block and just scrub......Warning.....If the car got painted and clear bra is just install after that....it will remove the paint too.....but other than that...it is super easy..
    You can use a heat gun but do quick passes as you peel off. Common sense if you leave the heat gun in the same spot obviously is going to melt it. Quick passes on the film while peeling away should do it. Don't rush it either take your time and good lighting to see the left over of the adhesive glue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol Roger!
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

If it look like it is all crack....I would never do the job...pass it on to some dumb dumb....Even if they purchase a new clear bra from me, I would still pass it....believe me....I made my share of mistake...I don't claim to be the cheapest, but I claim to be the best....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southbeach View Post

what do you normally charge for removal and how long does it take? i got someone wanting thier clear bra removed from their Chrysler 300.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    NO HEAT GUN. It will melt the film and also it plays havoc with the adhesive. Use a blow dryer ( not as hot as a heat gun). Slowly peel the film as you heat it up. If it sticks, let it cool and start again. Heating and cooling rapidly, helps break the adhesive seal.
    So, heat, run cool water, heat. Makes it much easier. Should have little or no adhesive remaining on the car.
    I was just gonna say this. You don't want to heat it up too quickly. Also, try using alcohol in a spray bottle diluted 50/50. Spray it in the crease where you are pulling the bra away...it will help release the adhesive as you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely on the right track here. You will need some wine coolers, some smooth lines and the right timing...usually just before closing time. Not speaking from experience of course.

I did pay a guy to take the clear bra off my Porsche. Well worth the expense just in time saving alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Three mixed drinks always works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

I read this thread about 2 hours ago. I have the 3M clear bra on my 2004 BMW and it has to go. I used the "heat gun" method by only warming the area to soften the adhesive. The bra came off pretty easy. You have to pull very slowly and I used the 50/50 alcohol/water solution. A bit of the adhesive is left. I started to clean it off with the solution which worked a little. Got tired of that and came in for the night, logged onto Autogeeks and ordered 3M Adhesive Remover and TarX. Penny from Customer Service was a great help. Order should be here by Friday. Thank you all for your posts and advise.

Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast