autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I know if I need a compound?

How do I know if I need a compound or not (Megs 105)? My clear coat by MY standards, is in average shape. It is in need of a claying for sure and has many clear scratches (not remotely close to being felt by a fingernail).I see swirl marks as well. It hasnt been polished ever and is 10 years old. Im just afraid of using a compound and being too aggressive. The fact that Im on a budget as well doesnt give me the option of buying a bunch of products (i.e. swirl removers and compounds), so any help would be great.. Like my previous thread, Im trying to decide weather I need 105/205 or If I can get away with WG TSR/FG

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I know if I need a compound?

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk71 View Post
    How do I know if I need a compound or not (Megs 105)? My clear coat by MY standards, is in average shape. It is in need of a claying for sure and has many clear scratches (not remotely close to being felt by a fingernail).I see swirl marks as well. It hasnt been polished ever and is 10 years old. Im just afraid of using a compound and being too aggressive. The fact that Im on a budget as well doesnt give me the option of buying a bunch of products (i.e. swirl removers and compounds), so any help would be great.. Like my previous thread, Im trying to decide weather I need 105/205 or If I can get away with WG TSR/FG

Chris
    No matter what you can't go wrong with the 105/205 combo.From what i'm reading it seems you have some issue's with you paint.Without some pictures it's really hard to judge what you need.But you ahould always start off with the least aggressive product first and them move up.Plus are you trying to do a one step correction or a two step??
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    No matter what you can't go wrong with the 105/205 combo.From what i'm reading it seems you have some issue's with you paint.Without some pictures it's really hard to judge what you need.But you ahould always start off with the least aggressive product first and them move up.Plus are you trying to do a one step correction or a two step??
    Im want to go 3 step depending on the prices of the products I go with. I would like to ideally do either 105/205 with Menz 85rd or Wolfgang TSR/FG with Menz 85rd. I just don't know what I need (its a PC 7424)

Post Thanks / Like

Im want to go 3 step depending on the prices of the products I go with. I would like to ideally do either 105/205 with Menz 85rd or Wolfgang TSR/FG with Menz 85rd. I just don't know what I need (its a PC 7424)
    With the pc I would pick up the Megs twins and 85rd. Plus with the Megs twins you get multiple polishes because the pad itself changes the character of the polish. So you actually get a lot more different cuts of polish with just the Megs twins for your money.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the 105/205 and some Ultrafina or Menz85rd all are really great products.Just need to take your time with the P.C. do a small area at a time and it will come out fine.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the 105/205 and some Ultrafina or Menz85rd all are really great products.Just need to take your time with the P.C. do a small area at a time and it will come out fine.
    I think I hear an echo-lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have read a lot of issues with DA and 105. Is this true? Is there a better more "friendly" DA Compound or will I be OK with the 105?

Post Thanks / Like

I have read a lot of issues with DA and 105. Is this true? Is there a better more "friendly" DA Compound or will I be OK with the 105?
    You will be fine with 105 and a da, it would be your best choice of a compound/polish with the da.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    You will be fine with 105 and a da, it would be your best choice of a compound/polish with the da.
    Ok thanks guys. Start out with White and move up if that doesnt work correct? Then go one down with the next step (205), and finish with 85rd and a blue pad (learned that from you Asphalt )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast