autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boars hair brush, good or bad?

I've been using the boars hair brush to clean my Dodge 4x4 truck and have never had a problem with scratches. It sure does save my back, cleans up really easy also.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike that'd be hard for me to come over LOL. I'm on tour pretty much 11 months out of the year. Currently with Chimaira and Hatebreed for about 3 more days, month off, and then with Mastadon and Dethklok. I believe we'll be in the area though, if so, I'll hook it up!

As for cool guitars my guitar tech just found about a week ago a 25 year old Dean Custom Freddy Krueger guitar. Got it for 100 bucks. I'm friends with the owner of the company and he hasn't seen one of those in 20 years, offered him a grand on the spot HA!

Post Thanks / Like

If I get that new car this year, I will stop by for a long weekend.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    Mike that'd be hard for me to come over LOL. I'm on tour pretty much 11 months out of the year. Currently with Chimaira and Hatebreed for about 3 more days, month off, and then with Mastadon and Dethklok. I believe we'll be in the area though, if so, I'll hook it up!

As for cool guitars my guitar tech just found about a week ago a 25 year old Dean Custom Freddy Krueger guitar. Got it for 100 bucks. I'm friends with the owner of the company and he hasn't seen one of those in 20 years, offered him a grand on the spot HA!
    nice! metal FTW! i feel bad because i havent cleaned any of my guitars in a long time as well. i know its horrible but i end up going to the washateria and using the brushes there. its raelly hard to wash my car in the drive because of the extreme heat. all the soap just dries up on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Black, I find that using a good pre-wax cleaner type product like the Wolfgang paintwork polish enhancer or something else along those lines, works great for cleaning. Then I usually top with DGPS.

Anyways, back on topic, sorry for the threadjack.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Boars hair brush, good or bad?

Anyone have experience with a boars bristle brush and a no-rinse product?

Would make life easier here in socal, especially with the soot from today's massive forest fires. Daily washing is needed to avoid paint damage.

Maybe this question applies to summer rains in Florida that I recall from the '70's as well.

Mike Phillips

Just to note,

If the ashes land on your car's paint and then become wet with moisture, (Sprinkler goes off, Dew at night, light rain, etc., the ash will become a strong pH alkaline mixture and can actually eat holes into your car's paint.

Lots of people know about or talk about Acid Rain Spots, but fire ash can cause Alkaline Rain Spots, so do whatever it takes to get the ash off your car.

See this article,
    What it means to remove swirls, scratches and water spots out of automotive clear coats

Also the ash can and will be very scratching to the paint, so be-careful washing or wiping it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes!

Sounds like it's time to either clear out that garage and give your car shelter in it at least until those fires are out, or look into a car cover.
    James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12