autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foam gun

Post Thanks / Like

Foam gun

I just got my new foam gun yesterday, had to try it out on my wife's car today. It came with a sample of Blackfire wet conditioning shampoo. So I put it together and realized I wasn't sure how much soap to put in it. Soap/water ratio?? So I put about a quarter of the bottle in, topped it off with water and went to work. The amount of foam seemed pretty anemic to me, nothing like on the video I watched. I had the selector on the largest hole, like Mike suggested. There are a couple small thumb screws that look like needle adjustments on a carburetor, but they didn't seem to do much. I used a bucket with a grit guard to rinse my mitt in, and it got really dirty. So, I did okay but I gotta refine something. Someone help me with my dilemma.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam gun

Larry over at ammo nyc notes its hard getting used to. Try coating the bottom of the gun with about a cm of soap and then prime it with a bit of water. to the fill line. Ill pm a video if you want
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

each soap is different on how well it will work in the foam gun, so you'll have to experiment and see how much is needed to your satisfaction. i usually use anywhere from 3-5 ounces and then fill the rest with water and shake well in a circular motion not up and down. you can also fill up an empty gallon jug (IME about 10 ounces of soap) with soap/water solution so you don't have to keep feeling it up when you run out in the canister which should fill it up four times...

p.s. do not lose those 2 screws otherwise your foam gun will not work properly and there aren't any replacement parts for it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    p.s. do not lose those 2 screws otherwise your foam gun will not work properly and there aren't any replacement parts for it...
    Put some lock tight on those screws, as they work loose easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I remember being disappointed the first time I used my foam gun. I put it aside for a month or two as a lost cause. I was expecting something closer to a foam cannon.

I eventually picked it up again and proceeded with a different outlook. I now use it like you would an 'in play' wash bucket. Left hand has the sprayer: right hand the wash sponge. Works well for me.

Easy to pre-soak when you wash with one, too.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good thread ^^^^. I read it before using mine for the first time...helped a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I remember being disappointed the first time I used my foam gun. I put it aside for a month or two as a lost cause. I was expecting something closer to a foam cannon.

I eventually picked it up again and proceeded with a different outlook. I now use it like you would an 'in play' wash bucket. Left hand has the sprayer: right hand the wash sponge. Works well for me.

Easy to pre-soak when you wash with one, too.
    IMO if you use it only to pre-soak it's a waste of money and not utilizing it to it's full potential (i've said it numerous times). i also use it in conjunction with a wash mitt and spray each panel/mitt as i wipe it which helps to flush as you go. a rinse bucket is all you need as well. if i had a black or dark colored car i wouldn't be without it...

Post Thanks / Like

CG Honey Dew Snowfoam.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help. I looked at the link you attached and it was a big help. As I suspected, I didn't use nearly enough soap. Another try tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1254 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast