autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 VW GTI tornado red

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Is it the Klasse AIO or the Klasse Sealant Glaze? The AIO may not last very long. I've honestly only used AIO as surface prep for the SG. SG on the other hand should easily last 5~6 months depending on how well it was applied and your climate.
    The glaze. I want to buff and put a few coats of the Klasse SG to get through the winter. The car has nothing on it now. The dealer fixed a couple of paint spots that needed repairs, so I have to wait a bit. I may go ahead and do everything but the newly painted areas, which in the grand scheme aren't real big. The swirls are driving me insane!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain, I have those on my car as well. Just have patience, I'm doing my car in sections, front end/hood, then the top, working on the doors this weekend (drivers side, then passenger side), then finally the trunk area. It helps me break it out into different weekends as the process can take a long time, especially for weekend warriors/amateur detailers like us. Good luck! Post your after pictures here as well so we can see the transformation!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pjstockford View Post
    The glaze. I want to buff and put a few coats of the Klasse SG to get through the winter. The car has nothing on it now. The dealer fixed a couple of paint spots that needed repairs, so I have to wait a bit. I may go ahead and do everything but the newly painted areas, which in the grand scheme aren't real big. The swirls are driving me insane!!!!

SG will work just fine as an LSP.

If I was in your shoes, I'd wait until Spring to bother with any real correction work. The best bet may be just to hit it with the SG and wait for warmer weather. First, cold weather will make most detailing products problematic to work. I found Klasse SG difficult to work with in temps below 50*. Second, winter conditions are brutal on paint and you'll probably need to do a good correction again by the time Spring rolls around. Ice, snow, salt, snow brushes, car washes, and everything else needed to operate a car in the winter are not kind to your cars paint.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    SG will work just fine as an LSP.

If I was in your shoes, I'd wait until Spring to bother with any real correction work. The best bet may be just to hit it with the SG and wait for warmer weather. First, cold weather will make most detailing products problematic to work. I found Klasse SG difficult to work with in temps below 50*. Second, winter conditions are brutal on paint and you'll probably need to do a good correction again by the time Spring rolls around. Ice, snow, salt, snow brushes, car washes, and everything else needed to operate a car in the winter are not kind to your cars paint.
    I will be working in a heated garage, but I get what you're saying ... waiting until spring may be the best bet. It will be a difficult feat to stave off my OCD, however! I may dabble a bit with the mirror caps and see if I can find a good combo so I'll be ready in the spring.

** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pjstockford View Post
    I will be working in a heated garage, but I get what you're saying ... waiting until spring may be the best bet. It will be a difficult feat to stave off my OCD, however! I may dabble a bit with the mirror caps and see if I can find a good combo so I'll be ready in the spring.

I personally wouldn't be doing my 'dabbling/testing/ on the mirror caps - they are plastic and won't quite behave the way the paint on the rest of the car does, and the risk of a strike-through on these is higher. The area is also very small and won't allow you to perform a proper test spot in a decent sized section.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceSA View Post
    I personally wouldn't be doing my 'dabbling/testing/ on the mirror caps - they are plastic and won't quite behave the way the paint on the rest of the car does, and the risk of a strike-through on these is higher. The area is also very small and won't allow you to perform a proper test spot in a decent sized section.
    Oh. Good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

FINISHED!!!

** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

You must be real happy with that? Looks fantastic, although I do have a thing for the mighty GTi, so I may be a bit biased. Seriously though - it does look pretty nice. I don't like that white stuff in the picture though! I'd be moving but thats just me. What did you go with for your LSP? I take it WG TSR was the go to for the polishing?

Great work, stunning car!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Nice!

You must be real happy with that? Looks fantastic, although I do have a thing for the mighty GTi, so I may be a bit biased. Seriously though - it does look pretty nice. I don't like that white stuff in the picture though! I'd be moving but thats just me. What did you go with for your LSP? I take it WG TSR was the go to for the polishing?

Great work, stunning car!

Aaryn NZ.
    Thank you .... and for the help.

Ended up using the Ultima. Wasn't sure I could get the garage warm enough to apply, but it got there and I went for it. Very pleased with the look and super easy to apply. And, yes, WG TSR with a LC orange flat pad.

I love the white stuff to play in. Don't like it when I've just spent two days cleaning up the car. But Autogeek takes all my extra money so I can't buy a winter beater to drive around!

** Clean cars go faster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12