autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got DA. Now what?

Its DAS 6. Some UK brand I guess.

Mike Phillips

DAS 6 has some power but like others have said, you want to get a 5" backing plate and 5.5" foam pads.

Thin is in

That's a quote I made years ago and it has to do with the fact that thin pads rotate better than thick pads. Thin smaller diameter pads rotate better than large thick pads too. That' why now days there are at least three company's offering thins 5.5" foam pads for free spinning tools like the DAS 6.

See my article here,

5.5" SUPER THIN FOAM PAD OPTIONS for your Dual Action Polisher

And my article on 5" backing plates here,

5” Backing Plates Options for Dual Action Polishers

Sorry all the links for these products go to the AG Store. Not sure if we ship to you but you can contact Customer Care to find out.

Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

6 orange CCS
    6 white CCS
    2 Black CCS

Sounds like your set.

I'd grab some Meguiar's Ultimate line and start having some fun with those swirls.

I prefer the CCS pads for cutting and polishing, but flat for applying waxes and sealants.

On the PC, I also prefer medium density cutting pads that have some give to them, like the pink and green CCS. They're less likely to be encumbered by the resultant resistance of stiff pads, and in the case of the pink, I find it to cut much harder then even the yellow pad, yet finish down very nice. The green polishing pad follows the same principle, but obviously doesn't have the same cut. I've used black flat pads for both cleaner waxes, and finishing sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SArao View Post
    I just bought a DA after 2 years of trying to decide. It should be arriving in a day or two.

Now, Please check the photos I attached. My Car has some scratches here and there. But mainly paint is oxidized. Plus a portion was repainted. Which seems to be very soft as compared to the Factory Paint. After years of washing, car has acquired a lot of swirls and marring. I have UC at the moment in hand. Need suggestion on the pad. Can get LC pads locally.

Also, someone suggested me to use CarPro essence after compounding as I Will be applying CQuartz later on.

Please suggest me about the pads and how many should I get it to complete the SUV.
    PM Sent

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so my confusion still continues. I have a plan to remove swirls, some small scratches and then Use CP Essence and Top up it with CQ.

Now, I have UC. So no compound needed. Need a Pad for UC. Medium cutting Should do I guess. I can make couple of passes if required. And a Pad for CP Essence.

I decided to get LC Orange CCS Pad to use with UC. But dont know about the CarPro stuff. What pad is required to coat car with CarPro essence?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for link. I guess Both Polishing Pad and Cutting Pad worked Great in removing swirls and haze.

One Off Topic Question: The DA I got, when applied pressure the disc stops to rotate. But Orbital keeps on running. Is it normal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SArao View Post
    Thanx for link. I guess Both Polishing Pad and Cutting Pad worked Great in removing swirls and haze.

One Off Topic Question: The DA I got, when applied pressure the disc stops to rotate. But Orbital keeps on running. Is it normal?
    Hi SArao, yes this is normal behaviour of free rotation DAS 6. The geared DA polishers such as a Flex 3401 will not stop under pressure.
    Try to find a FLEX locally in India, if you can.

I am based in Saudi Arabia and I sell loads of these with Lake Country pads and a few people have taken them to India.
    Let me know if I can support you in any way. Good luck with your adventures!
    -Babar MUGHAL
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I am leaning new things everyday.

Mike Phillips

Besides all the info you've received so far... I'd highly recommend watching this video...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.