Oregon Detail Class

Last week Stacy and I left for Oregon to attend my Dad's 80th Birthday celebration. This was Saturday night at the Driftwoods Banquet Room.

It's Monday, and about a half hour ago I held a Detailing 101 Class for my dad and his car buddies. They were all interested to see how to remove swirls using a dual action polisher and I wanted to make sure they were all using good technique.

I took some pictures but since I'm out of my element, that is I don't have my personal computer and thus I don't have the ability to upload the pictures and create a thread like I normally do I'll share the pictures when I get back.

That said, my dad's buddy Bill brought over his 1960 Pontiac Bonneville Coupe with a 383 Big Block Engine and BLACK paint. My dad has a Porter Cable 7424XP and Lake Country 5.5" Flat Pads and Pinnacle Polishes so with this polisher, pads and products I went over the correct techniques to de-swirl black paint.

The demo when good and all the guys like seeing how to do The Baggie Test. Now Bill is going to be calling Autogeek to order his own polisher, (I recommended the Griot's 6" DA), pads and Pinnacle compounds and polishes to finish out his very cool Bonneville.

Pictures when I can get to them...

Having fun out here in Oregon. I have a min class reunion tomorrow night in Albany, Oregon. Then we're flying back on Thursday. I'll be at Cars & Coffee this Saturday for all our local car guys and back to work on Monday, December 12th.

See you all on the forum next week.