autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't keep a clean, streak free interior windshield.

I live in Indianapolis IN where we have had a hot humid and wet summer. A couple weeks ago I thoroughly cleaned the inside of my 2003 Z 71 windshield with invisible glass. I followed their instructions to a T. Two weeks later you wouldn't even know I cleaned it. I don't use my Air Find much, prefer windows down. At this point I don't know if I did something wrong, is there a better product or is it the combination of the heat humidity and the rain that's causing problems. Any advice is welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't keep a clean, streak free interior windshield.

Get some fine oooo steelwool and drench the inside glass with stoners and massage the steelwool on the glass.This will cut any residue or smoke film.Use a clean microfiber to swipe the intial cleaning.Then use another microfiber and spray again but without the steel wool for a final streak free glass.make sure you clean all the corners of the glass with steel wool.If you don't ,you will be pulling hidden dirt and it won't come out good.Dont use steel wool on tint.And try to do this while the glass is cool,wouldn't hurt to do the exterior as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Get some fine oooo steelwool and drench the inside glass with stoners and massage the steelwool on the glass.This will cut any residue or smoke film.Use a clean microfiber to swipe the intial cleaning.Then use another microfiber and spray again but without the steel wool for a final streak free glass.make sure you clean all the corners of the glass with steel wool.If you don't ,you will be pulling hidden dirt and it won't come out good.Dont use steel wool on tint.And try to do this while the glass is cool,wouldn't hurt to do the exterior as well.
    Holy cow, I know you do this every day, but I'd try this before steel wool: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-cleaner.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTaylor57 View Post
    I live in Indianapolis IN where we have had a hot humid and wet summer. A couple weeks ago I thoroughly cleaned the inside of my 2003 Z 71 windshield with invisible glass. I followed their instructions to a T. Two weeks later you wouldn't even know I cleaned it. I don't use my Air Find much, prefer windows down. At this point I don't know if I did something wrong, is there a better product or is it the combination of the heat humidity and the rain that's causing problems. Any advice is welcomed.
    Do you use a greasy/oily dash protectant? I've noticed with even a good quality light dash protectant, that when the dash sits in the sun, the off-gassing from the protectant can cause a film on the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

Steel wool is totally safe on glass.Its the residue embedded or caked or melted on the glass.Thats where the steel wool comes in and breaks it up.Glass cleaning has a technique and good product.without the technique even the best glass cleaners won't yield 100 percent streak free.its safe to use on glass.

Post Thanks / Like

The interior glass will need to be cleaned regularly, especially your windshield... it is not something that will just stay clean forever if you don't touch it.

Retired Professional Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes as a matter of fact I do and did treat the dash that day. Should have included in the post I am a Non smoker. In an earlier reply from another senior member he mentions stoners. Not familiar with this are you. I was hoping that someone would comment on Invisible Glass, in terms of good product bad product.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have any water based degreaser products, I would apply that to a MF cloth and hit the glass with that. Then go back with a glass cleaner for final cleanup.

I've started to use Matte Detail spray on interior windows and am so far liking it.

Post Thanks / Like

Stoners makes some of the best glass cleaners on the market. They sell both an aerosol and a spray version. The aerosol works great on interior glass because it doesn't drip onto your dash (it's better to spray the microfiber instead of the glass, IMHO). AG just introduced Blackfire Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner and I prefer this to Stoners (or any other glass cleaner). You won't regret trying the new Blackfire WDGC.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Glass Restorer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast