autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Armor All ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Armor All ?

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I don't use OTC stuff for the most part. I try to get stuff where the folks at the company are known accessible dudes, and the have sort of a passion / strong interest in the products.... I'm excluding Meg's & Mothers from "OTC" here - as they are the real deal. I'm talking about the Armor All & Turtle Wax stuff.

That way (I feel) I'm getting a very good product that someone has made their labor of love. Not something Fred from accounting said: "Err.. we could probably sell a lot of that..."

Some examples:

- PBMG (M Phillips / Max & the gang)

- Optimum (Dr G / Chris T)

- Poor Boys (Pockets & Steve)

- CarPro (Corey & Avi)

In the scheme of things, most detailing stuff is pretty cheap, so I just buy the good stuff. As my time is valuable to me, so if I'm going to spend my valuable time doing something to a car, I want products I know are top notch. I'm not worried about saving a few bucks here.
    That's some good insight and I appreciate your response! I mainly use meguiars and chemical guys products. And my time is valuable to me as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Armor All ?

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    Turtle Wax runs their company the same way; they make no effort to try and win over the professional market. So detailers generally won't touch them and just say they're no good. But we have witnessed here that they do in fact make some decent products. Their tire coating and rinseless wash have been given positive reviews here on AGO. So saying "TW sux" is mostly a perception than an overall fact.
    There are some very decent Turtle Wax products. Their tire coating is amazing. Seems their Trim restorer is also very good. I have used their wax on my second job car and it is still on after 3 months. I did not like to use it though, it went on easy but removing it was a pain! Had to really scrub like crazy to get it off the car. If I had used my DA Polisher it might have been a better experience but I don't carry my detailing gear when I go to my second job LOL

As for Armor All. I read some good comments about their Wheel coating. That's about it.. I tried using their dressing on my second job's tires (I had an old bottle laying around) and it slung like crazy and protection lasted only for a few days... definatelly not something I will use again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123