autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top One Step Products

I guess I should say that i want a 2 step process. A polish to remove swirls and then I will almost always follow up with a wax or sealant. Currently I finish with klasse sealant, or wg 3.0 or soverein liquid spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    While FG400 can be used as a one-step correction product, it is often too aggressive for many finishes and will leave some light marring behind (which is expected as it is a cutting compound).

These terms have no set definition... many people have their own way of defining a "one step" and a "two step" and so on.

I do not utilize all in one products, therefore to me, a one-step means a one-step correction product... ie a product that can remove defects and finish perfectly in the same step but does not include any paint protection.

With that being said, M205, PF2500, OHP have all been good one-step correction products for me (on the majority of paints, but certainly not all) when paired with an orange light cutting pad or white polishing pad.
    Thank you Zach, yeah I guess there is no exact definition for steps, products, etc..., I guess one could call a 1 step whatever process/products as they want since there isn't anything that clearly states which is which.

The last job I did we used M205, Polishing Pad, Megs ULW, Then Synthetic xpress spray wax.

which to me was a 2 step, plus a final wipe.

I figured we could of saved a step and just used D151 and synthetic xpress spray wax, which to me would have made it a 1 step. Since the car was swirl free minus the scratches I wet sanded out. and it just needed to be glossed up.

Post Thanks / Like

While FG400 can be used as a one-step correction product, it is often too aggressive for many finishes and will leave some light marring behind (which is expected as it is a cutting compound).

These terms have no set definition... many people have their own way of defining a "one step" and a "two step" and so on.

I do not utilize all in one products, therefore to me, a one-step means a one-step correction product... ie a product that can remove defects and finish perfectly in the same step but does not include any paint protection.

With that being said, M205, PF2500, OHP have all been good one-step correction products for me (on the majority of paints, but certainly not all) when paired with an orange light cutting pad or white polishing pad.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    D151 for the win

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

So since there is nothing written in stone as far as the steps go.

If I used M105 with a foam cutting pad
    then used D151 with a polishing pad to skip a step.

would that be a 2.5 step? lol

TNOG for me tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Meguiar's D302 with Meguiar's Microfiber Buffing Disc is a good option as well (or D301 as an AIO).

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the paint I think SONAX Perfect Finish, Optimum Polish II, or Scholl Concepts S17+ might also be viable options. For softer paints you might get by with something with even less cut. I primarily work in Japanese cars and the BnS green tends to be a common pad choice for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aburgeson View Post
    One step polish. I usually follow up with a sealant or a wax. I just mentioned klasse cause it worked well. I really dont have a preference. I just want something that can remove some swirls and leave the surface looking shiny. Im not looking for a showroom finish. Thats why I liked Mike's video of the fg-400 with a rupes blue pad. The finish looked really good, almost ready for a lsp product if it was for production detailing
    FG-400 is awesome! I used it with my Rupes 15 and orange LC pads before I got Rupes pads and these were the results.

Before:

After:

Swirl Free:

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    FG-400 is awesome! I used it with my Rupes 15 and orange LC pads before I got Rupes pads and these were the results.

Before:

After:

Swirl Free:

That looks awesome. I just got my rupes 15, cant wait to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the FG400, it's a truly amazing revolutionary product.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast