autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED some help

Post Thanks / Like

NEED some help

I have a dumb question about dilution ratio 10:1 and 20:1 for a 32 ounce bottle how do I do it exactly?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEED some help

Quote Originally Posted by lilsullivan04 View Post
    I have a dumb question about dilution ratio 10:1 and 20:1 for a 32 ounce bottle how do I do it exactly?

No question is dumb thought to answer your question to make a dillution ratio of 10:1 you will want to mix 2.9 ounces of product with 29.1 ounces of water as for 20:1 you will want to mix 1:5 ounces of product with 30.5 oz of water

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to fill the bottle up all the way. For 1:20 ratio, I'll just mix up 21 oz. at a time (1 oz. product and 20 oz. water). For a 1:10 I might do 2.5 oz. product to 25 oz. water to get 27.5 oz. total. KISS - Keep It Simple Simon (credit to Mike Phillips)
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thanks guys I appreciate the advice so what about other ratios? I know on the spray bottle it has markings of 10:1 and so on and at the very top it says 32 ounces so would I feel the product to the 10:1 mark and the rest will be water to the 32 ounce mark?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to those bottles that have the ounces label on the side of them if so all you have to do is put the water in first and pour the product in last(to lessen the amount of suds) for example a 10:1 ratio you would fill the water up to the 29 ounce
    mark then you will want to add the 2 ounces of product

here is a small chart of the most common dilution ratios

View image: dilution ratio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Are you referring to those bottles that have the ounces label on the side of them if so all you have to do is put the water in first and pour the product in last(to lessen the amount of suds) for example a 10:1 ratio you would fill the water up to the 29 ounce

This helps a lot and yeah I'm using the bottles i bought from Autogeek.

Post Thanks / Like

This brings up a question I have always had. I am a chemist by training, so I tend to be more exact than I should be. Let's say water:X should be 10:1. Does that mean I add 1 oz. of X, then 9 oz. of water to bring the total solution to 10 oz.? Or do I add 1 oz. of X, then 10 oz. of water. Probably not a big deal in a 10:1 situation, but in a 2:1 or 3:1 situation, it would be a bigger deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    10:1 literally means 10 parts of one product per 1 part of another. So 10 parts water per 1 ounce of product.

So mix 1 oz of product with 10 oz of water. For a total of 11 ounces. Not 10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post

The spray bottle I'm using is the one I got from Autogeek 36 ounce spray bottle Item# sp-36 to be exact.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok I see in that case just measure out 29 ounces of water first(one ounce at a time) then measure out 2 ounces of product

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.