autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Washing microfiber

Should u use soap or just the rejuv.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washing microfiber

I personally can't tell a difference tried both regular laundry soap and rejuv and can't tell a difference but which ever you do definitely do not us any kind of fabric softener.

Post Thanks / Like

Its best if you use a specific microfiber detergent/rejuvenater but if you don't have any then you could use tide clear, and vinegar but no powder soaps though

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer MF wash but tide free and clear does well. I had a few issues with Car Pro fast glass towels with detergent residue so I just put them in for another wash cycle with hot water and soap residue gone.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

I use woolight for over 5 years never a problem or use a regular soap that is clear. I do a prewash and extra rinse cycle which helps keep them really clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using Adams microfiber cleaner. It works very well. I've moved away from using their products and hope to try 3D Towel Kleen after I get done with my gallon of Adams.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 dogs that shed hair (golden retrievers). I am afraid that if I put my MF towels in the wash then dog hair will get interwoven into the MF towels. I washed some junk China door jam ones and some dog hair was in the MF towels after the wash and dry. But I put them in the drier, so IDK if that has any influence in it or not. I bought Pinnacle MF Rejuv. but I am kind of afraid to put my new MF towels in the wash...

Any suggestions or words? I'm wondering if the dog hair really will get interwoven if I line/air dry instead of putting in the drier.
    2012 Toyota Camry SE | 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Washing microfiber

Personally Ive washed hundreds of loads of Microfiber and Ive tested many many methodologies.. cheap and costly alike.

This is what i have used for the last 3 years with great effectiveness to wash all of my microfiber products

1] Set the washer to HEAVY SOIL LEVEL - the washer agititates longer and use medium heat and maximum spin.

2] 1/3-1/2 cup of FREE detergent - Anything without fragrances or softners and such. This prevents in clogging up the MF with any extra substances, granting it maximum absorption. I prefer the kirkland [costco brand]

3] I add 2-4oz Citrus APC concentrate to the washer - This helps the MF to to release the deeply embedded gunk. The d-limonene is the key here to removal of dirt.

~Also, since its high efficiency i add another gallon of hot water from the tap [when this mixes it barely raises the temperature]. I find this helps the agitation process, allowing more water to get between the cloths to flush the 'dirt' from the cloths.

*** IF your washer has a pause cycle that doesn't reset the cycle time [and drain the contents -- my OLD machine used to] Then i HIGHLY suggest that after all the washing cycle has been going for 5 minutes and all of the water is in, pause the machine and allow the MF to soak for 20 min. This especially helps for dirtier and greasy MF cloths.
    4] - Add 3/4- 1 cup Vinegar to final rinse to remove all detergent from cloths - Set a timer on my phone for the washers last rinse cycle... 18 min on the whole 121 min countdown on my machine. By trial and error i found this. This will unclog the MF strands of all traces of detergent.
    This will leave then smelling of vinegar as well... so if this smell is there, enough was used.

5] Tumble try LOW for 30 min -[/B] NO DRYER SHEETS. Microfiber requires the static cling of the dryer in order to have move grabbing and holding power of particles, especially dust

6] Fold and store ASAP to keep clean and organized

I use this method in a high efficiency washer, but it can be also used in a regular washer by tweaking the rations of cleaner and such. I have done both

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meg's APC 40 ml in the washing machine, no detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

My wash process is simple using Blackfire Microfiber cleaner

1. Sort towels. Glass, paint dry towels always washed separately

2. select process dirtiest laundry (temp is hot wash/cold rinse) with second rinse. No vinegar needed

4. Dry on lowest settings (like 35 min) but do not over dry. I may wipe out the drum with 1:10 APC to remove any dryer sheet stuff (unproven it is there but sometimes like to be sure)

I do have a whole house water softener so that can be a big variable.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast