autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Machine, and which products for a 1st time full detail/correction on new CTSV

I was able to get started this evening and everything is coming along nicely. I compounded the entire car using the tangerine pad and the Uber compound. While it did take me about 20 minutes to perfect the needed technique for the results I wanted to achieve, I must say that this is quite the relaxing process.

I was a little intimidated by everything (learning to do this on a $50k car...) but once I figured it all out, like I said before, it's pretty relaxing and fun.

I just started to polish the car, using the finishing glaze and a crimson pad, and I more than likely will finish that tomorrow at some time, then apply the paint sealant and wax following the 12 hour curing time.

Thank you everyone for all of the help, I really appreciate it. I also am taking pictures as I go, so those will be posted once the job is complete. I cant wait to do this to my other cars!

-Steve

Mike Phillips

Re: What Machine, and which products for a 1st time full detail/correction on new CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by steveiguess View Post

I was able to get started this evening and everything is coming along nicely. I compounded the entire car using the tangerine pad and the Uber compound.

While it did take me about 20 minutes to perfect the needed technique for the results I wanted to achieve, I must say that this is quite the relaxing process.

I was a little intimidated by everything (learning to do this on a $50k car...) but once I figured it all out, like I said before, it's pretty relaxing and fun.
    Sounds about right...

It can be a little intimidating the first time you use an electric polisher to polishing an expensive car that's important to you.

But I guarantee you that you'll work safer and do a better job simply because you care.... heck it's your car!

Taking your car to a dealership or a detail shop is risky at best so by taking ownership of the car detailing process you've done yourself a HUGE favor.

I tell people that are new to machine polishing that by the time you've buffed out the front clip of your car, that is hood and front fenders, you'll have a very good feel for how to hold the polisher to maintain pad rotation, how to divide larger panels up into smaller sections and how to move the polisher and how long to buff.

Then it's just a matter of duplicating this process over the rest of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by steveiguess View Post

Thank you everyone for all of the help, I really appreciate it. I also am taking pictures as I go, so those will be posted once the job is complete.

I cant wait to do this to my other cars!

-Steve

Chances are good sometime in the near future you're going to have friends, family, neighbors and co-workers complimenting how nice your car looks, asking you what "wax" you use and the the big question...

How much will you charge them to detail their car!

That tends to be the normal progression...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Photos are up on my new thread. Thank you everyone for your help, the car turned out great!

2010 ctsv

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567