autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the Mud!

Yep, now you have to get it muddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umana2482 View Post
    Truck looks awesome Mike. Btw what did you guys use on the tires?
    Perhaps Mike will expound further and show some pictures but we used Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat.

TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat, tuf shine tire dressing, permanent tire shine, permanent tire sealant

We applied it using a small paint brush on a couple of the tires and Mike used a carrand tire brush on the other tires.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator

And Craig came behind and dried if off using the Tornado Blow Out tool with the brush attachment on the end.

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun, air cleaning gun, detailing gun

We also used a small spray bottle (as below) to apply it directly to the tire. We found it easier to spray it on due to the size of treads.

4 oz. Sample Bottle with Sprayer

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyone on the AG staff who HASN'T put a Black Label product on their vehicle. I can see everyone being like kids after their birthday party...going out and trying the new toys.

The truck looks great!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I want that truck!

Post Thanks / Like

Truck came out amazing as usual. The new RUPES machines are smooth as butter. Enjoyed working on Mike's truck for a change a give back to the man who always brings cool cars in for us to work on, the black diamond paint coating was very easy to apply and use also. We did the tires with the TUFF SHINE tire coat and they game out with excellent results. Thanks again to Mike and all the guys who came out and helped out. Good time as always.

Mike Phillips

Next year is incredibly busy for Autogeek... more projects going on than ever before...

That said, we're going to try to attend the next Saint Lucie Mud Jam which takes place February 21, 22 & 23rd in 2014.

Saint Lucie Mud Jam

If we can make it there will be another extreme makeover scheduled for the following Thursday!

Might have to apply a coating to the underneath of the truck for good measure...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04Golf View Post
    Nice Truck Mike
    I don't understand the reason for the space, why don't they just have the cabin flush with the bed
    I'll field this.
    The old-style ladder-type truck frames of that era, despite their size and brute strength, had a tremendous amount of torsional flex. The gap was necessary to allow the cab and bed to move without making contact. That's the reason why Suburbans of the same era rode and handled so much better than pickups; Having a body that was a continuous structure between cowl and tailgate added considerable rigidity.
    Improvements in metallurgy, metal forming and NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) analysis over the past 25 years have resulted in much stiffer frames, enabling the mfr's to close that gap between cab and bed for a more unified appearance.
    But even on today's trucks, you never want to stick your fingers between the cab and bed while the driver's traveling on a rough road.

Bill (30 years of GM Truck Sales and Service)

Post Thanks / Like

this truck is a beast.

the black diamond looks promising as i had expected, i'm eager to see how it holds up.

i was really impressed with the tuf shine tire clearcoat. being that i live on a dirt road, and it has absolutely no tack when dry, i will definitely be trying it out myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    It was a lot of fun and enjoyed using the new Rupes Duetto. Also had a chance to use the new Rupes Mini. They are smoothing running machines.

The Rupes blue pad appears to be a little tricky to work with. If you apply too much product it tends to sling the product. Others mentioned the same thing. Didn't have any problems with the yellow Rupes pad.
    I'd read in another thread that you are a satisfied Flex owner. Have you been sold on the Rupes after your time behind the wheel?
    Jonathan "Jmac" McDonald

devilintedetailz.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for not canceling the class. I had a lot of fun working on your truck and using the new Rupes machines. I especially like new Duetto 12mm, it has a smaller throw but the RPMs seem to be higher. I was surprised how fast it corrected. It almost felt effortless.
    The Tuff Shine Tire Clearcoat is really a amazing product and I would really like to get some for my truck. But if I did I would have no use at all for all the different tire products I have.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast