autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anything better than Leatherique?

Best leather cleaner I have used is 1z deep plastic cleaner and the followed by Sonax leather foam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    What's the procedure with Leatherique? easy? difficult? I heard something about a plastic bag over the seats?
    Easy. Rub on Rejuvenator. Let it do its job for 18-24hrs or however long you want. Clean with Pristine Clean and a MF towel.

I use garbage/plastic bags because it creates a steam room effect and helps open the pores of the leather. Plus, I like to do the leather in the beginning of a detail so the bags allows me to get in/out of the vehicle without sitting on all the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Best ive used is Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner

Here a 10 year old never cleaned 50/50 I did earlier this year with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Its all depends what you want from a product. leatherigue its not a monthy cleaning product .You must leave it 24-30 hours to fully dry and then clean it with prestige oil ..
    It can leave a very clean surface and make the leather soft Also make better the appearance of the cracking ..

other products can clean very well .such as 1z ,meguairs ,autoglym is very good,zaino and many others

Post Thanks / Like

True the full Leatherique system is not a monthly thing. But the Leatherique Pristine Clean by itself is. It's a phenomenal AIO cleaner and conditioner. I probably buy Pristine Clean 5:1 over the Rejuvinator Oil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Best leather cleaner I have used is 1z deep plastic cleaner and the followed by Sonax leather foam.
    I would be careful with the 1Z product (a very nice interior cleaner but not for leather) because it is an APC (pH ≈ 11) and if not carefully removed after cleaning, it can cause longterm ill effects.

Sonax is a nice product. It is in a foam presentation, which is the preferred one for leather cleaning products.

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    Best ive used is Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner
    As above, this is an APC (pH ≈ 12) and hence it has the problems stated above.

Look into products from companies like LTT, Dr. Leather or Leather Master - much more appropriate in my opinion.

As for Leatherique, it is a very nice combo but there are several points one should not overlook, especially on coated leathers. Here's something Todd Helme wrote some time ago about it at Autopia Forums:

Mark,

The answer is yes/no/maybe...

Starting with no... If the pigmented coated (painted/protected) is brand new then it is likely that none of the Leatherqiue will penetrate the finish...

Yes... The pigmented coating will develop microscopic tears and pores over time. The constant flexing of surface will accelerate this wear, which does expose the leather hide underneath... Also holes in the leather, such as near the stitching, provide a direct path to the hide underneath.

Maybe... It really depends on the age and condition of your leather as to whether leatherique is going to offer any benefit. If the car is lightly used, sits in a garage, and is less then a year old, leatherique will offer little benefit.

On the flip side, if your car's leather experiences heavy traffic, temperature extremes, and daily the leatherique treatment will work extremely well.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

1z deep plastic cleaner is a leather cleaner I've been using for a very long time and never a problem so not sure where your getting this from. For none treated leather I use Leather Masters. "As with any product you should always do a test spot"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12