autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bugs, bugs, & bugs!!!!

I think some just want a clarification. Do you use this combination on painted surfaces as well as glass? TIA
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

We have problems here in Louisiana with "Love Bugs", what a mess they cause, hard to remove , I use HOT water and normal car soap to loosen the guts up some.
    But now I have something that will avoid them to really stick to my paint , lights, grill, etc.
    It's called Duragloss Aquawax Spray, really a sealant, anyways once it's applied it leaves the paint so freaking slick, IMO it will help a ton next time they come out, I don't care if I have to spray it often, a little goes far.

A hot bucket of water and a good car soap really helps, I have to soak it a few times but it does work, no need for harsh products if you take your time.
    Talking about them bugs they will soon arrive, I'll be ready this time
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    It's called Duragloss Aquawax Spray, really a sealant, anyways once it's applied it leaves the paint so freaking slick, IMO it will help a ton next time they come out, I don't care if I have to spray it often, a little goes far.
    Good to know! I have a gallon of the Aquawax in my AGO wish list now. I'm in Florida and I believe we have more love bugs than Louisiana. I hear florida created this nasty bug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bates Detailing View Post
    You can use what you want lol. Im tossing what works great on the thousands of DDs I have done over the past couple of years. But what do I know lol.
    Hey thanks... I was confused if you meant doing this on glass or paint or both. Which combination do you like now? I resurrected this thread from a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jem7sk View Post
    Hey thanks... I was confused if you meant doing this on glass or paint or both. Which combination do you like now? I resurrected this thread from a while back.
    Maybe I read the response wrong - my apologies..... used to being ripped apart on methods that aren't the norm or use a high end product. We use WW wash and all of my regular clients that have us take care of their rides dont need anything other than the WW product to remove bugs cause usually they haven't been there very long. Now when we get that DD call and it has had bugs on it for 6 months plus - the apc and foaming glass method make a tough job easier and more efficient. Watered down apc and foaming glass cleaner is not a very harsh combo at all and doesn't have small portions of detergents, alcohol, etc that wouldn't be used in stripping all the protection off of the paint to prep it for a correction, polish, and/or wax. So as you understand that you are also removing the protection and as long as you protect the paint after the fact - you are good.

As for windows, I dont use APC on windows at all....... glass is a matter of glass cleaner and elbow grease or if its terrible like I see on buses and Semis all the time, I will soak glass and use a razor to remove the nuclear bug splatter. but 99 percent of the time its product, patience, elbow grease on glass.

Again, my apologies if I came off wrong..... just tend to have to be defensive in forums when introducing a new method - especially if that method doesn't require and $100 bottle of something made specifically for that issue lol. Have a great day!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response... I'll be giving this a try if I ever get bugs that are tough to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Bug Tar and Remover from Turtle Wax is oddly the BEST bug and tar remover I have ever used. Pair it with a bug scrubber and reapply lsp afterwards!
    IMO it sucks as a bug remover but fantastic for Tar removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HD.Detailing View Post
    i use OPC.. easy peasy
    Did u mean APC? If not, what is OPC? .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123