I own a black 2008 Cadillac DTS. In about a month I will have a weeks vacation and plan to do a full detail on it as well as my wifes '07 328xi and my former, now my sons, '02 Cadillac SLS. The DTS being black is a bear to keep looking good. Here is my plan and then a few questions.
1) Wash and clay car
2) Rewash car to get rid of the clay remnants
3) Buff car with my PC and Wolfgang total swirl remover
4) Buff with Wolfgang finishing glaze
5) Use a cleaner wax (like Liquid Glass) for its superior filling properties
6) Finish it off with Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant
Question #1. I have heard that waxes and sealants cannot be layered because the second and resulting coats will remove the coat you had previously put on. Is this true or false?
Question #2. Will the WGDGPS work and do what it is supposed to do being placed over the Liquid Glass?
The reason I want to add the cleaner wax is because whenever I detail a black car it takes no time at all to get swirls again. Maybe it is me using improper washing technique. But I would like to stay with the WGDGPS protection but have some help with future swirls.
Does anyone have input on this issue? thanks