autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite-Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915

Hi

I am a newbie and need some advice.

I have a 2006 Golf 5 GTI (Tornado Red) and until recently, used to wash with Megs Gold Class and wax with NXT.

I now want to detail the car properly and bought a few products: clay kit, menzerna SIP and final finish.

I want to finish with the Collinite-Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915.

I searched the forums and couldnt find much info on this...what's your opinion on this wax....is it good? is there anything else I should choose?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite-Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915

Collinite 845 gets all the kudos on here and deservedly so, but my all time favorite collinite product is #915. Applied with a DA polisher it's pure magic. It's much deeper and wet looking than 845 and looks incredible on dark colors. It lasts 6 months and I'd put it up against ANY sealant. Downside...it's a hard old fashioned paste wax and people these days want buttery type waxes or liquid waxes.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks silverfox...I have a Megs DA polisher (with lake country pads)but I was advised against using the Collinite 915 by machine...was told apply by hand only...so can I go ahead and use my DA for this?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to paste waxes as well, but I used this for the first time a couple of weeks ago on my red mustang. I used a pc on speed 2-3 and a red ccs pad and just spread the wax on the pad with a butter knife. Worked great and the stang looks better than it ever has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris861 View Post
    I'm new to paste waxes as well, but I used this for the first time a couple of weeks ago on my red mustang. I used a pc on speed 2-3 and a red ccs pad and just spread the wax on the pad with a butter knife. Worked great and the stang looks better than it ever has.
    How was removal? I'm starting to get spoiled by modern WOWO, & WOWA products

Post Thanks / Like

It applies better with a DA polisher than by hand because you need to put on a very thin layer and trying to do that by hand is really a struggle. You will get tired eventually and you will start to put too much on.

Be aware that when applying with a DA polisher...if the pad stops rotating..you have too much product on the pad and you will need to clean the pad. It takes very little product to do the whole car...thin is better and the DA is perfect for doing that. I use a 5" crimson Hydro tech flat pad (or a gray 5" CSS pad). They both work great when applying a wax with a DA polisher.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks...so it will be the black lake country pad on my megs 220v DA on speed 3?

Post Thanks / Like

That should work fine. I'm sure you will be very pleased months from now. One great thing that you may not have considered...once you get this on...washing your car after this will be so much faster.

We've had a brutal winter up here...but I'm never concerned because stuff can't stick to my car's paint...salt. mud, doesn't matter....when I go to wash, the crap just falls off the paint with little or no effort.

There might be ONE thing that would be considered a negative by some...the stuff doesn't come off until its either worn down from months of protecting your car...OR you use a lot of elbow grease and a chemical to get it off. I know that sounds crazy, but some guys see a long lasting product like this as a negative because they want to try other products on their car over a several month period. I'm kind of done with all that experimenting.

Once you use this...you won't need or want another product to protect your paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I love #915. I love the look on my Brilliant Black Magnum R/T.
    I use a DA to apply as well.

Post Thanks / Like

915 is a great looking and very durable product. I apply by hand and machine sometimes. A thin coat either way is key. A good quality MF to remove and you are set!! I really like this product and it's a good price also!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast