autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trim, plastic bumpers, plastic side panels

What is the best most durable product for trim? I've did a couple Jeep suv and the bumper and side panels are plentiful in plastic. I was doing some research on what products makes them look best and durable. Is PB Trim Restorer still good or are there a better product out?
    GaryD

There is a better way to do it than the way you're doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trim, plastic bumpers, plastic side panels

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard or Megs Ultimate Protectant IMO
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like 303. it provides a nice shine that lasts a decent while. Ultimate Protectant is good as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
    What is the best most durable product for trim? I've did a couple Jeep suv and the bumper and side panels are plentiful in plastic. I was doing some research on what products makes them look best and durable. Is PB Trim Restorer still good or are there a better product out?
    I noticed that PB TR does NOT claim UV protection... I would follow it up with 303 and am adding the follow up to all my routines until I hear different from PB's themselves as I notice the effects not lasting as long as I'd like on my own DD thats outside 24/7.

That said... PB TR is the best product I have found to date at bringing back black textured trim... just buff it off after some dwell time and follow up with 303

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Ultima Tire & Trim Guard or Megs Ultimate Protectant IMO

I've used Black WOW, PB's TR, 303 and just about anything and everything else. UTTGP is as easy to use and longer lasting than anything I've used. If there's something better I haven't found it yet. A little pricey but most of the best products are.

YMMV.. TL

Post Thanks / Like

I've used PB's world trim restorer (good), Black Wow, Black Again, 303 AP (which I still love for interior), and Ultima Trim and Tire Guard Plus. UTTGP is by far (IMO) the best looking, longest lasting, hands down best dressing I've ever used!!!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    I've used PB's world trim restorer (good), Black Wow, Black Again, 303 AP (which I still love for interior), and Ultima Trim and Tire Guard Plus. UTTGP is by far (IMO) the best looking, longest lasting, hands down best dressing I've ever used!!!
    Is the UTTGP a silicone type dressing or is it more like a sealant for trim? What is the best way to apply it? I am looking to try something different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Is the UTTGP a silicone type dressing or is it more like a sealant for trim? What is the best way to apply it? I am looking to try something different.
    It's more like a sealant, but leaves the best look I've ever seen. I've been applying it VERY, VERY thin with a foam applicator (no buff off required) with great results. Here is an excerpt from the Ultima website: (I have found all manufactures claims to be true)...Corey told me that it can be used on wheels, engine components, and exhaust tips up to 500 degrees Ferhenheit.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a new polymer coating that can be applied to most flexible surfaces (vinyl and rubber) and hard surfaces (plastic and metal) to coat, seal, protect and beautify. No ordinary “dressing” lasts as long or protects as well against pollution, ultra violet light (sun), road salts, harmful ozone, creosote and more.
    The long lasting Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus formula protects for months, not days or weeks. This space age coating will not wash off. On glossy trim it maintains the shine and prevents corrosion. On black trim it maintains a dark, satin appearance. You’ll see the protection with each wash by the way your tires and trim bead water.
    Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a hyper-concentrated formula. A single 12 ounce bottle is enough product to properly treat your tires and trim for a full year. A small amount of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus goes a long way to coat, seal, protect and beautify tires, wheels (painted, chrome, polished), bumper trim, plastic grills, fascia, valances, rocker panels and the engine compartment. Our super durable formula protects for months, but you may apply it as frequently as you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't really say re: the composition, it's thicker and more viscous than other dressings. I've applied with either foam or MF pads as well as an old rag. Dries quick, non greasy and a little goes a long way.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a sample Dave send me a PM and I'll send you one, you'll love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast