autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Water spots can't get rid of them..Help..

I have a black car and I know its tough to keep clean, which I do a pretty good job, but I keep getting these tiny little water spots that won't come off when I wash my car. You can't really see them unless you look very close, but I notice it and it really bugs me. They do come off when I use a pre-wax cleaner, but don't want to do that every other week. I do have a CR SPOTLESS water system which I use in my two bucket wash, I rinse and clean the entire car with it. I do this in the shade or under a canopy, so no direct sun light. The last time 3-weeks ago I did a 3 step process - D105.D205 with Menzerna Super Finish MEN-PO106FAP-S then finished with Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant. I still get the spots? They don't have the white around them there just black dots. No matter if its a wax or a sealant I still get them. Any product that would stop this? Don't know what it is. Could it be from the rain and then the sun drying them onto the car? Shouldn't the wax or sealant protect from this? and shouldn't it come off when I wash it. Anyone have a the same problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spots can't get rid of them..Help..

If your car is perfectly clean and then perfectly pure water falls on it and evaporates you won't get water spots. Unfortunately as you know it only takes minutes for a perfectly clean car to have some dust land on it. Now when it rains the rain may or may not be pure. Regardless the water mixes with the dirt on your paint and then when it evaporates the contaminents left behind create the water spot. After driving and having peoples rear wheels kick up oily residue and all manner of filth you can imagine what that water is stirring up on your paint before it evaporates.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    If your car is perfectly clean and then perfectly pure water falls on it and evaporates you won't get water spots. Unfortunately as you know it only takes minutes for a perfectly clean car to have some dust land on it. Now when it rains the rain may or may not be pure. Regardless the water mixes with the dirt on your paint and then when it evaporates the contaminents left behind create the water spot. After driving and having peoples rear wheels kick up oily residue and all manner of filth you can imagine what that water is stirring up on your paint before it evaporates.
    Understood, but with a good wax or sealant on the car shouldn't these contaminants come off when I wash the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro2010 View Post
    Understood, but with a good wax or sealant on the car shouldn't these contaminants come off when I wash the car?

When you say contaminates; if you are talking about water spots, no not necessarily, water spots are caused by minerals and contaminates that are left after the water evaporates. It does not take long at all for these to eat through the microscopic layer of protectant and start etching into the paint. I also have a black car and a CR spotless. I rinse down with regular water, wash with regular water, and do a final rinse with the CR. I then blow dry with a leaf blower. Then I go over the car with Pinnacle souveran spray wax and a few quality plush MF's, no spots. Remember if your CR is reading .020 or more change the resin. If your car gets rained on you WILL get water spots (you can see them on flat black, they are there). Sometimes, if you get to it quick enough washing, rinsing with the CR, and using the Souveran Spray wax will remove them. Other times if you wait to long, or if the minerals are heavy, a paint cleaner may be the only option for removal...Remember to rewax where ever you use the paint cleaner though.
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu