autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

I have been going to this event,every year,since 2008 and it was really enjoying.It's a shame i won't be going anymore since the location has moved to West Palm Beach.The last time i was down there in that area(specifically,Okeechobee Boulevard) at a lot of traffic light crossings on the median was pan handlers and hookers.My friend and i pulled into a restaurant and out in the parking lot a man came up to us and was insisted on us giving him money.When he saw that both of us were packing,he left.We also noticed that another man was going from car to car checking doors to see if they were unlocked.When he saw us observing him he left.I can understand Autogeek has grown and i guess more room is needed but Palm Beach isn't like it used to be and even the upscale hotels and area looks nice,it still is what it is.I'm sure no one cares if i attend the event or not but i just felt like stating my feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt there will be hookers and bums at the convention center.Its 35 minutes to pbc don't let the hookers get you bummed out.

Post Thanks / Like

Hookers and pan handlers? Sounds like downtown San Francisco! Or Chicago...Can't remember.

Still debating about going to this. Hard to get away, but would love to go to this event.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Palmbeach is simply beautiful and safe.The west side of okechobee rd is car dealer alley and some sections have that atomospher of feeling unsafe.The east side is loaded with skyscrapers and beautiful totally safe area.some of the best restaurants and exotic car heaven as daily drivers.If you are a car nut there is nothing in the world that is bigger than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Palmbeach is simply beautiful and safe.The west side of okechobee rd is car dealer alley and some sections have that atomospher of feeling unsafe.The east side is loaded with skyscrapers and beautiful totally safe area.some of the best restaurants and exotic car heaven as daily drivers.If you are a car nut there is nothing in the world that is bigger than this.
    You are correct, I am in this area a lot, very nice, upscale high end area. In the past month alone I have been by convention center three times and happy to report I have not seen one bit of what was being discuss. For goodness sake the convention center is across the street from Ruth Chris Steak House and the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts. So I believe our other forum member posting must be confusing this area with somewhere else. I tend to be in this area a lot, we love to go to the Kravis not to mention the shopping in the area!!

Post Thanks / Like

What, but you have to go to the Detail Fest - Hookers and Hobos - Car show. There is classes on polishing, pole dancing, panhandling, How to bathe using a car freshner and so on. Awesome vendors like Meguires, Mothers, Ivory and Zest, Gentle Dental, Dr. Bob's plastic surgery, breast augmentation, and lyposuction. And you can register you and your vehicle depending on the year and model of your car, the year you last took a bath, the year you realized you had daddy issues, etc. Awards for cars that have been modified or had work done, women that have been modified or had some work done, rear-ends narrowed, chopped and lowered, lift and separated, tuck and roll, nipped and tucked, smells like a garbage truck, best cardboard sign, most teeth without brushing and on and on.

Who would NOT want to go. You have to go. Fun for the whole family.

Post Thanks / Like

From the way you described it,sounds like it's right up your alley,That's right your famous,you were an extra in "Cardboard boxer".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdemonbfg View Post
    From the way you described it,sounds like it's right up your alley,That's right your famous,you were an extra in "Cardboard boxer".

Awwww shucks....you recognized me. I'm flattered. What gave it away? My award winning smile and lack of tooths, my fantasticly sexy feet with black toenails, or, was it the smell? It was the smell, wasn't it? Tell me it wasn't the smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to Detail fest 2017!

Will the class schedule be posted soon?

Thank you

Alejandro
    Owner & Operator of Ecoshine Costa Rica

http://www.ecoshinecr.com

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year at detail fest , the majority of us forum buddies were there.

While we do know recognize some, unfortunately we do not know the face behind every username.

Fellow forum buddies should equip their username on a badge for easy identification at detail fest lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast