autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

  1. #11
    Senior Member ronkh57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,319

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Pulled pork guy too

    And what about Meatball Fest ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

  2. #12
    Administrator Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    319

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Thank you for all the questions, you know if Autogeek is there, a car show will be there! As for food, I will keep you posted, inside the hall the food will be supplied by the fabulous catering at the convention center at this point in the plan. We are just in the preliminary stages of planning and we plan to keep everyone fully updated as we finalize each step of the way. We are excited to hear your feedback and looking forward to a spectacular event!
    ronkh57 and swanicyouth like this.

    Check out the AutoGeek Page on Facebook

  3. #13
    Senior Member ronkh57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,319

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Thank you for all the questions, you know if Autogeek is there, a car show will be there! As for food, I will keep you posted, inside the hall the food will be supplied by the fabulous catering at the convention center at this point in the plan. We are just in the preliminary stages of planning and we plan to keep everyone fully updated as we finalize each step of the way. We are excited to hear your feedback and looking forward to a spectacular event!

    Thank you !

  4. #14
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,616

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Thank you !
    Yes...
    Thank You...X2 !!


    Bob
    Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk~Joaquin de Setanti

  5. #15
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    35,254

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

    Are the Car Shows still going to be on Detail Fest's agenda?


    Bob

    Yes.

    The car show will still be a huge part of Detail Fest only now it will be held inside with air conditioning. So no matter the weather, rain or shine, the car show and Detail Fest will go on.


    Pretty cool.


    axel06 likes this.
    Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  6. #16
    Senior Member runrun411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dutchess county, NY
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    I've never been to detail fest and always been planning to go. It seems as if the new location will add an awesome flavor to the mix of the event but somehow a couple of things would get lost. Those things being:

    1. being able to take a tour of AG's facilities which of course includes the garage where all the detailing magic has been happening for so long
    2. being able to meet all of the AG staff which includes the people in the customer service office as well as the people who are involved in shipping our products.
    3. the personalized feel of being at the AG location and being able to see all the cars on the grounds.
    4. seeing detail fest online and on YouTube as well as Cars & Coffee and other events for all these years has such a warm feeling.

    And well you get the idea. Hopefully the considered change will still have the same old AG feeling.
    mc2hill and Sicoupe like this.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

  7. #17
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,616

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes.

    The car show will still be a huge part of Detail Fest only now it will be held inside with air conditioning. So no matter the weather, rain or shine, the car show and Detail Fest will go on.


    Pretty cool.


    That's going to be cool as all get-out!!

    Around my area...the indoor Car Shows
    have a whole bunch of safety rules you
    have to abide by.

    Makes them more of trailered show-cars only
    Car Shows; definitely keeps away the folks that
    drive their pride-and-joys to Car-Guys/Gals Events.



    Bob
    Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk~Joaquin de Setanti

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,150

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Around my area...the indoor Car Shows
    have a whole bunch of safety rules you
    have to abide by.

    Makes them more of trailered show-cars only
    Car Shows; definitely keeps away the folks that
    drive their pride-and-joys to Car-Guys/Gals Events.
    How is that, Bob? I mean what kind of rules and how do they discourage the "driven" cars?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,150

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    I've never been to detail fest and always been planning to go. It seems as if the new location will add an awesome flavor to the mix of the event but somehow a couple of things would get lost. Those things being:

    1. being able to take a tour of AG's facilities which of course includes the garage where all the detailing magic has been happening for so long
    2. being able to meet all of the AG staff which includes the people in the customer service office as well as the people who are involved in shipping our products.
    3. the personalized feel of being at the AG location and being able to see all the cars on the grounds.
    4. seeing detail fest online and on YouTube as well as Cars & Coffee and other events for all these years has such a warm feeling.

    And well you get the idea. Hopefully the considered change will still have the same old AG feeling.
    Wow, good points.

  10. #20
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,616

    Re: Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    How is that, Bob? I mean what kind of rules and how do they discourage the "driven" cars?
    Examples:
    Minimum fuel level allowance for entrance/egress;
    no battery; grounding strap; $$-amount to "rent"
    a space; etc.

    Some of the indoor show vehicles have never
    been started, or have their rubber hit the road.
    (Too many Foose wannabes...not everyone's
    cup of tea.)

    Too much expense involved vs. just driving
    to an outdoor venue for most of us.



    Bob
    Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Detail Fest 2015 Dates
    By Meghan in forum 2015 Autogeek Detailfest
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 12:07 PM
  2. Detail Fest 2014 Dates
    By Meghan in forum 2014 Autogeek Detailfest
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 04:38 AM
  3. Detail Fest Dates Set for 2012!
    By Meghan in forum DetailFest Archive 2006 - 2012
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
  4. Detail Fest Dates Set for 2012!
    By Meghan in forum Autogeek's DetailFest Info
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» February 2017

293031 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 1234